Bose Headphones
May 15, 2006 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

sinafl

Head-Fier
I am considering on buying the Bose Headphones. I mainly listen to rock and rap. The only problem is that I hear there are better headphones for this price. I looked at the shure e3c but I dont like earbuds. Is there anything that looks as good as the Bose and is better?

May 15, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinafl
I am considering on buying the Bose Headphones. I mainly listen to rock and rap. The only problem is that I hear there are better headphones for this price. I looked at the shure e3c but I dont like earbuds. Is there anything that looks as good as the Bose and is better?

Grado headphones sound like a good fit for you.. Also, do you care more about the sound or the looks. you're going to be putting it on your head anyway, so you can't actually see the headphones while you're wearing them... Once you hear grados, you'll probably never go back to Bose again

May 15, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 60
Please read this thread first.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #7 of 60
I always found some of the lower end Sennheiser's stylish and sound extremely good for their price.

Also take a look at the Sennheiser PX100, amazing value and sound amazingly good.

Also, I think the AKG K 81 DJ would be a great sealed and awesome sounding headphone for you.

May 15, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 60
I also think the Sennheiser EH350 is pretty good, as well as the PX100. for looks and all, the Senn HD555 is nice looking and sounds good as well.

May 15, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 60
How about for 150$ you buy anything else recommended at that price range recommended here. If you don't like Grado-looks then HD 580s or ATH-700s.

May 15, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

yeah I have been searching around. I mostly come up with earbuds. I saw the Grado's but I dont like the look too much.

I wouldn't worry to much about Grado looks. They really aren't that bad and they look pretty different when you actually see them as apposed to online in photos. I thought they were the ugliest, cheapest looking things when I first saw them on here and said man I would never buy those. Now I am listening to them while I type this.
rolleyes.gif
Also what about buying from somewhere with a return policy then you can return them if you think they are ugly (you won't). I have tried the bose qc2 and bose triport and Grado SR-60 win no question. Granted Bose feel like you have pillows on your ears but Grados are pretty comfortable imho and sound 10X better.

Quote:

wow thanks for the responses guys. So if I were to go with the grado's what would be the best grado brand that is close to the Bose price range?

Quote:

yeah and that looks good.

They all pretty much look the same until you bypass the Bose price range I believe. But in terms of sound the SR-60 beat Bose no question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back