Bose AE2 vs. Sennheiser HD380 Pro - Help!
Apr 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lastro1

New Head-Fier
Hi guys looking to end my crappy run of "gaming headsets" from your Razers and Steelseries and what not. My budget isn't very high (if it was I'd probably go for the £200 Sennheiser G4me Zero despite the fact they are listed as a "gaming headset", the boom mic is excellent and ticks all my boxes).

I've spent a while to narrow my choices down to these headphones as they are under £100, have very large pleather ear cups, and are very lightweight).

Bose AE2 (£75)
or
Sennheiser HD380 Pro (£60-75)

Then get a modmic attached to the side as the low profile microphone.

I need help deciding as you might imagine.
So far I'm looking for a headphones which is:

- LIGHT weight (I believe it's the Bose which are lighter but I think they are both very light)
- LARGE Ear cups (My ears are very big, about 7cm height)
- Comfortable (for long sessions of gaming etc over 5 hours)

I know both have very good flat sound signatures.

Please give me your opinion on which one you recommend and any pros/cons especially if you own them!

Thanks a lot peeps

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 7
I used to have ae2 but I didn't like the sound that much, especially for the price I bought them, but these were really really comfortable, I could wear these for hours and was so relaxed and really light. So if you want them to be comfortable and a average sound then go for it.

Hope that helped.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 7
I used to have ae2 but I didn't like the sound that much, especially for the price I bought them, but these were really really comfortable, I could wear these for hours and was so relaxed and really light. So if you want them to be comfortable and a average sound then go for it.

Hope that helped.

Hi thanks a lot for the reply,

As you imagine I'm quite distant from an audiophile as I come from beats, Razer headphones etc. 
How would the sound compare?

I would regard comfort as a much more important factor!

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi thanks a lot for the reply,

As you imagine I'm quite distant from an audiophile as I come from beats, Razer headphones etc. 
How would the sound compare?

I would regard comfort as a much more important factor!

I listened to beats solo and studio briefly when I was at an apple store so I can tell you exactly how these compare to each other but ae2 ( I haven't used them in 1.5 years and finally sold them so I can't remember everything ) had thinish sound not very detailed and there was bass, not like beats, but again not very tight and well present BUT comfort wise ae2 are the king for me, I have p5 and aren't as comfortable as ae2 are, you will forget that you are wearing them and these were big, I have smallish ears so these were too big for me :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 7
Not enough people have HD380Pros.  =p

Anything Bose sounds like crap versus HD380Pro.  Not everyone is going to find 380 as comfortable as AE2, however.  For me, 380's comfort is great.  Its pads are deep and tall, so you probably won't have any issues.  It is also a very durable headphone, unlike any Bose models.
It's accuracy in sound placement is okay for gaming, and it is probably your best option at its price point.
There are threads on the matter around here, search.  You may find an even better alternative, although it will probably cost more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back