1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Boring Threads

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by joe_cool, Nov 4, 2010.
  1. joe_cool
    I really feel this forum has become a drag for me regarding the content of threads. Should I get this or that when I have no context? Comparisons based on costs and features is very unusual. I think the problem here is so many posters have no experience with the topic in question and have done none of the usual homework and simply want to chat! Excuse me for stating the obvious! I want to encourage new members as much as anyone because I love music and audiophile reproduction. I have no vested interest in any product or technology, this is simply a rant about shortcomings of the organization of the forums. I suggest we separate the serious computer audiophiles in some way. Thanks for your attention!

2. Uncle Erik Contributor
    Why don't you start some interesting threads?

Don't beat up the noobs too much - we were all there at one time.

But if you start posting topics that interest you, you might find what you're looking for.

3. matthewh133
    This thread is boring I'm outta here!

4. MomijiTMO Contributor
    I threw up!

5. Currawong Contributor
    What Uncle Erik said. [​IMG]

6. Phelonious Ponk
    Yep, lots of newbies in the computer audio section. Lots of gamers and youngsters for whom "computer audio" = a decent sound card and a cheap pair of powered speakers. But really, I'm not sure which is worse, this, or the crowd that thinks $5,000 DAC is a good investment and there is such a thing as a sonic signature in a properly-functioning USB cable. Yeah, start some interesting threads. I'll do the same if I can think of anything.

P

7. Nebby Contributor
    I would not recommend using a boring tool to create threads. Instead I would highly recommend a tap as they work much better for the purpose, especially when used with machine oil to lubricate the surfaces. You can find a good selection of taps at McMaster-Carr: http://www.mcmaster.com/#taps/=9km3xl

That being said, I fully agree with Uncle Erik. Btw, what's to prevent "noobs" from posting in the "serious computer audiophile" forum? [​IMG]

8. sonci
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with Joe on this one,

Once upon a time this section was the most interesting,
    it seems like people don`t search anymore, the same questions over and over, probably the new HFi GUI doesn`t help,
    sometimes feels like Asus support forum or opamp rrolling wiki.. [​IMG]

9. shimm
    Agreed too. Have no idea why I'm here yet.

10. Guidostrunk
    If you separate the serious from the noobs, you'll start getting more threads like the one that's circulating now because nobody gave any advice about a stepdance or something and he was very angry. The thing is not a lot of people have that amp yet, but they don't understand that yet, that's why there's NOOBS counting on the senior members for advice. You can run but you cant hide[​IMG]

11. shimm
    Not enough moderation here. So noobs see a lot of noob's threads and feel free to start another one. No exit.