bootcamp users -- shared folder??
Dec 18, 2007 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Eisenhower

500+ Head-Fier
I have a 20 gb (ntfs) partition for windows xp on my macbook pro, and it would fantastic if I could share my itunes music folder under both OS's. I know parallels can do this easier, but I need the graphics processing that boot camp offers. Is there a way to share folders with bootcamp, and how do I do it?

I did my best to search for it but came up empty handed. Apparently this is less of a priority for boot camp users than I had originally thought.

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 7
Well you can use the program macdrive which can read the mac partition in windows. Then tell itunes that that's where all your music is. I never actually tried this cause I never thought of it until you just asked.

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Mac osx can't write to NTFS, winblows can't read HFS+ so you've scuppered yourself by not choosing fat32 which is interoperable. I suggest changing the format if you can. Good luck.

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 7
I use bootcamp pretty much only to play LOTRO on my macbookpro when traveling, or at the beach house. MacDrive works great for doing what you are talking about. I run foobar behind my game, reading the music data from the mac partition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back