bone stimuli
Nov 13, 2002 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jessica00

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.ec21.net/co/d/dowumi/pgroup.html?grp=3
weird... wonder how they sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 18
That is weird... There was no pricing; I wonder how much those would cost?

Remids me of something I heard on NPR the other day: supposedly the technology exists to build a cell phone into your tooth! No microphone or speaker, the sound is transmitted by vibrations through your skull.

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 18
well, the woman in the picture seems to be enjoying it quite a bit...

those promo shots are always so ridiculous. like the people modeling would ever actually wear the things...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
well, the woman in the picture seems to be enjoying it quite a bit...

hahah yeah. i wonder what she could be listening to that could make her look so happy..?
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 9:05 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by bdb55

Remids me of something I heard on NPR the other day: supposedly the technology exists to build a cell phone into your tooth! No microphone or speaker, the sound is transmitted by vibrations through your skull.

That reminds me:

Lee Iacocca, Ted Turner, Ross Perot and Bill Gates are playing golf. Suddenly, something rings, Lee Iacocca reaches into his golf bag, picks up a cell phone, conducts a conversation and puts it back.

They play a bit more, and something else rings. Ted Turner makes a "phone" with his hand by putting the thumb to his hear and speaks into a pinky. Everyone looks at him and asks: What are you doing? Ted Turner replies: "Well, I was losing my cell phone constantly, so I had a receiver implanted in my thumb and a microphone in my pinky. So, now every time I need to talk, I just talk into my hand. Can't lose the phone".

They continue playing, suddenly, Ross Perot stops and just starts talking. Everyone asks: Ross, what are you doing??? Ross Perot replies: "Well, I also kept losing my phone, but I didn't want to make stupid hand gestures every time I needed to talk, so I had a receiver implanted in my ear and a microphone in my tooth. So, now if I need to talk, I just talk".

So, they continue playing and all of a sudden, Bill Gates stops, drops his pants and takes out a roll of toilet paper. Everyone looks at him and says: "Bill!!! What are you doing???"

To which Bill Gates replies: "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just expecting a fax".

Nov 14, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
That reminds me:

Lee Iacocca, Ted Turner, Ross Perot and Bill Gates are playing golf. Suddenly, something rings, Lee Iacocca reaches into his golf bag, picks up a cell phone, conducts a conversation and puts it back.

They play a bit more, and something else rings. Ted Turner makes a "phone" with his hand by putting the thumb to his hear and speaks into a pinky. Everyone looks at him and asks: What are you doing? Ted Turner replies: "Well, I was losing my cell phone constantly, so I had a receiver implanted in my thumb and a microphone in my pinky. So, now every time I need to talk, I just talk into my hand. Can't lose the phone".

They continue playing, suddenly, Ross Perot stops and just starts talking. Everyone asks: Ross, what are you doing??? Ross Perot replies: "Well, I also kept losing my phone, but I didn't want to make stupid hand gestures every time I needed to talk, so I had a receiver implanted in my ear and a microphone in my tooth. So, now if I need to talk, I just talk".

So, they continue playing and all of a sudden, Bill Gates stops, drops his pants and takes out a roll of toilet paper. Everyone looks at him and says: "Bill!!! What are you doing???"

To which Bill Gates replies: "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just expecting a fax".

LOL!

Nov 14, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #13 of 18
Magicthyse is our resident fashion consultant who believes looks comes before sound.

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #15 of 18
Pioneer sold a bone phone (as it were) back in the late'70's-early '80's. It was worn behind the neck then over and in front of the shoulders. I haven't seen one since.

It seemed to me that they used an unusually happy (and good) looking woman to model it for them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back