Bomb attacks in London
Jul 7, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #31 of 122
There is no definite link to Al-Qaeda yet (I have been watching CNN & BBC & more for the last 4 hours as well as reading news online) and any link to Al-Qaeda is only speculation.

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #32 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Very well said.

My prayers go out to those in London as well...

I'm still in shock that this has happened. Words cannot express what i'm feeling for all people that have been injured or lost their lives in this atrocity.
frown.gif

Like grandenigma1, i also send my prayers.

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #33 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
There is no definite link to Al-Qaeda yet (I have been watching CNN & BBC & more for the last 4 hours as well as reading news online) and any link to Al-Qaeda is only speculation.

3lusiv3 ,Al-Qaeda have now claimed responsibility.

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #34 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by AML
3lusiv3 ,Al-Qaeda have now claimed responsibility.

Yeah I know, but experts in the field have said that the web site can't be trusted YET and those that usually are quick to claim responsibility are not the ones responsible. I don't like to jump to conclusions without real facts.

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #35 of 122
July 7 (Bloomberg) -- A group calling itself the al-Qaeda Organization in Europe claimed responsibility for a series of bombings across London today, in a statement posted on an Islamist Web site.

``The time has come for the revenge from crusading Zionist nation of Britain,'' the group said in the statement which couldn't be authenticated.

The attacks are ``a response to the massacres carried out by Britain in Iraq and Afghanistan.

``The heroic Mujahedeen carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and fright from the north to the south, east and west.

``We warned the British government and the British people again and again.

``We have fulfilled our promise and carried out a blessed military raid in Britain after hard efforts carried out by heroic Mujahedeen. The efforts went on for a long time, guaranteeing success.

``We still warn the governments of Denmark, Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will meet the same fate if they don't pull their forces out of Iraq and Afghanistan.''

The statement, posted on the al-Saha web site, is dated today and is signed by the secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...w&refer=europe

Looks like al-Qaeda. The statement has since been removed from the website though. That part is unusual and have some people wondering the authenticity of the posting. We'll see as day continues.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #38 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitaldave
Steve,

I didn't realsie you worked in that part of town, glad to hear you are OK. I hope you colleagues are OK too. Likewise Duncan. If anyone has a landline number for him, you could try that, as I think they are working OK, it's just the mobiles that are intermittent.

I'm stuck in Southwark at the moment - no busses or tubes running, and it's not evenworth walking back to Kings Cross station, as no trains are going in or out of the capital
frown.gif
. Anyone know any good cheap places to stay, I might be needing one
biggrin.gif

I've been in touch with my office, which is at the Aldgate end of Fenchurch Street. What with King's Cross & Aldgate both being targets it feels a bit too personal. I've had a few near misses thanks to the IRA, as well as the King's Cross fire and Moorgate tube disaster. My office will be closed tomorrow so I get another day to come to terms with it all. I suppose Monday will be a bit odd passing the scenes of the events, though I've passed them many times over the years.

The question I ask is am I jinxed or blessed - my positive sense says I'm blessed and as a born Londoner put on a brave face and get on with it.

I hope my fellow Londoners are coping and any head-fier's who work or live thereabouts are fine.

Steve (still welling up)
eek.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #39 of 122
Jul 7, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #41 of 122
Our prayers are with you in London guys. Keep your heads up.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #42 of 122
my thoughts are with you folks in London.
meanwhile, i'm trying to reach a friend who lives in Clerkenwell, hope she wasn't near any of the bombings.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #43 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
I've been in touch with my office, which is at the Aldgate end of Fenchurch Street. What with King's Cross & Aldgate both being targets it feels a bit too personal. I've had a few near misses thanks to the IRA, as well as the King's Cross fire and Moorgate tube disaster. My office will be closed tomorrow so I get another day to come to terms with it all. I suppose Monday will be a bit odd passing the scenes of the events, though I've passed them many times over the years.

The question I ask is am I jinxed or blessed - my positive sense says I'm blessed and as a born Londoner put on a brave face and get on with it.

I hope my fellow Londoners are coping and any head-fier's who work or live thereabouts are fine.

Steve (still welling up)
eek.gif

Steve,

Don't take it personally.

I've had a near miss too, my office was blown up by the IRA bomb at South Quay (what people usually incorrectly refer to as 'the Canary Wharf bomb').

Dave.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #45 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong
my thoughts are with you folks in London.
meanwhile, i'm trying to reach a friend who lives in Clerkenwell, hope she wasn't near any of the bombings.

I work in Clerkenwell (Farringdon - Well remembered StevieDVD!!), and none of the attacks are immediately close, so as long as she was at home, then all will be fine...

...Oh, and I guess by me replying, kind of says I'm okay
smily_headphones1.gif

...Was on the circle line about 10 minutes before it all kicked off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back