Bogdan Silver Princess IC's are back....
May 23, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Came across the ad on Audiogon. Haven't heard them and have nothing to do with the company. Just had heard that these were thought well of and were out of production. Just in case some are interested...

Bogdan Silver Princess

eek.gif

That's not the princess I remember!! Aesthetically, these look a lot better, and the use of gold alloy / silver conductors is very intriguing. Especially since I like the original, I may be very tempted to try a pair of these new ones. Great find, Ken! Way to use your posting powers for the forces of good
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 9
Yah no kidding. I was speaking with them the other day about that. I think they are trying to sell it based on the popularity of their last ones. Gold Alloy Princess would be a better suited name. Personally I would not get them if you are looking for the silver sound. I feel that gold alloy is even more laidback then copper. I would have used silver for the signal and gold for the return. but hey I do love the copper housings for the eichmanns and would love to get my hands on a pair to give them a try.

May 25, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
As far as I can tell... they just use custom metal housings like VH audio does and a few others I have seen.

Infact VH sells them for like $8 each as a kit.

"terminated with Eichmann Bullet Plugs" - straight from the ad.

Biggie.

May 25, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Any word what the gold alloy wire consists of? There are quite a few combinations that are typical in gold alloy interconnects (brass, berillium copper, high purity copper, silver, etc.)

the link states that its 24k gold plated wire over gold alloy. but not much after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back