Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 16, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #421 of 1,529
Looking at the FR graph of my PK32 compared to the "flat line" version, I can see a small bump between 2-3k. If this is what is perceived as a nasty spike then I know Wong is still chasing Unicorns. Perfectionism is incurable. :ksc75smile:
I definitely can not hear nor detect it... however, a few new PK32 owners, with ears much better than mine, detected it (with only certain music types/tracks mind you) which Wong was able to repeat and confirm. He is definitely a perfectionist but enjoys the chase even more. He sure loves to fiddle around.

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #422 of 1,529
And I just bought it :frowning2:
Never mind good sir these tunings are rather minuscule in the grand scheme of things and honestly only a few know where and how to listen for these type of spikes let alone be able to detect them confidently... I am not one of them! Sorry, if I might have over emphasized the degree of naughtiness there mate! Cheers.

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #423 of 1,529
Think that there are constant updates, always trying to improve. I regret more that I will not be able to know how the new blurs sounds more than to think that they may be better than mine.

Do you detect those spikes? If you haven't, better enjoy your pair and don't give it importance.

Never mind good sir these tunings are rather minuscule in the grand scheme of things and honestly only a few know where and how to listen for these type of spikes let alone be able to detect them confidently... I am not one of them! Sorry, if I might have over emphasized the degree of naughtiness there mate! Cheers.

I have zero problems, enjoying them so far :p Was just being a cry bitch about it, but I'm very happy.

Didn't have a lot of time to enjoy them tho, but will do this week :)

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #424 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 3; 16 AUG 2021

Wong is in the final process of replacing the hybrid silver & copper wiring that he used on the Blur 173 models... which replaced the 50/50 silver hybrid cabling... which replaced the original Half-Half hybrid cabling way back when. I have duly updated the Blur Naming Nomenclature and Model Numbers Chart with this new information.

Blur 189 aka "Hybrid" = silver + copper; 56 tiny cores silver + 133 cores copper; combined both are 189​

This new hybrid cable is super soft, no microphonics, and is quite stunning to look at!

1629110139333.png

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #425 of 1,529
I definitely can not hear nor detect it... however, a few new PK32 owners, with ears much better than mine, detected it (with only certain music types/tracks mind you) which Wong was able to repeat and confirm. He is definitely a perfectionist but enjoys the chase even more. He sure loves to fiddle around.

On one occasion, my expert and audacious ear detected a slight distortion in the bud (not blur) specifically in right. If there was, from time to time I heard that crackle. Once detected, I couldn't stop listening to it.

But ... before consulting for this unacceptable flaw I realized that I had neglected shaving for a few weeks, the only thing I heard was when the cable brushed against my hard beard! It was the right side as the cable was tighter on my left side which is where it was connected to the dac ...

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #426 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 3; 16 AUG 2021

Wong is in the final process of replacing the hybrid silver & copper wiring that he used on the Blur 173 models... which replaced the 50/50 silver hybrid cabling... which replaced the original Half-Half hybrid cabling way back when. I have duly updated the Blur Naming Nomenclature and Model Numbers Chart with this new information.

Blur 189 = silver + copper; 56 tiny cores ( multi-stranded ) silver + 133 cores copper; combined both wires are 189​

This new hybrid cable is super soft, no microphonics, and is quite stunning to look at!

1629110139333.png

From just seeing the color, at a distance (before zooming in on the image), that looked a lot like the Venture Electronics Espresso cable.
With a zoomed-in view, I see that the colors are due to the wires inside the clear insulation - whereas the VE cable had similar colored insulation.

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #430 of 1,529
I just ordered a pk32 with the 2.5 balanced plug. Can’t wait to try them. I’ve never owned a bud anywhere near this price and I’m looking forward to what it has to offer.

Hopefully it can work some magic for your music. Haven't heard the PK32 but I'm sure it's great. What made you go for that one?

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #431 of 1,529
I just ordered a pk32 with the 2.5 balanced plug. Can’t wait to try them. I’ve never owned a bud anywhere near this price and I’m looking forward to what it has to offer.
Welcome to the club!

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #432 of 1,529

Welcome to the club! I own a pk32 and I love it :) such a fun bud!

Aug 19, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #434 of 1,529

Users who are viewing this thread

Back