Blur Earbuds Lovers
Jul 16, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #47 of 1,529
Which other Balanced Source, or Amp, are you considering, to drive your balanced earbuds?
I can vouch for any of these four - 1.) Onkyo DP-X1 DAP; 2.) Shanling M3s DAP; 3.) Zishan DSD DAP; 4.) Walnut F1 Amp.

Looking forward to hearing the Blur 150Ω hALF/hALF that I've just ordered - connected to one of my Balanced devices.

Right now I have a FiiO X1ii paired with an E17K amp, will be using a 2.5->3.5 adapter to run the Ultimate Brokee off those :)

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #49 of 1,529
It was Louie's recommendation (pictured sitting).

Streaming Tidal via ipad mini 2-->mojo-->ifi micro itube-->Matrix M-Stage (modified with upgraded transformer and op-amp replacement using OPA627s)

Is that the HPA-2 or the HPA-3B Amp?
I've considered the HPA-3B Balanced Class A Amp, for diving my balanced earbuds and earphones.
One of the mods I've read about, that's supposed to sound good in the Matrix amps, is using pairs of LME49710HA TO-99 op-amps on DIP-8 headers.
So, I order some of those op-amps, before they became too scarce
Ideally, I'd like to have a portable (possibly not Class A) balanced amp, like my Walnut F1, but with more space inside for op-amp rolling.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #50 of 1,529
Well the sound is only coming out of one earbud when I have it plugged into the adapter... I probably got the wrong one :frowning2: Does anyone with balanced equipment want these buds? I might have to move them on, honestly, because there's no point keeping these at the moment. :frowning2:

e: damn it all, here's a for sale or trade listing. </3

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #51 of 1,529
Is that the HPA-2 or the HPA-3B Amp?
I've considered the HPA-3B Balanced Class A Amp, for diving my balanced earbuds and earphones.
One of the mods I've read about, that's supposed to sound good in the Matrix amps, is using pairs of LME49710HA TO-99 op-amps on DIP-8 headers.
So, I order some of those op-amps, before they became too scarce
Ideally, I'd like to have a portable (possibly not Class A) balanced amp, like my Walnut F1, but with more space inside for op-amp rolling.

HPA-2 non dac. I’ve heard about that mod too but I’m not very diy-skilled. It’s fantastic for inefficient headphones like he-500 so I tried it with the blurs. Sounds fantastic.
For portable, I’m using the radsone es-100 for both balanced and non. I can’t get over how good it sounds. No rolling possible though.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #52 of 1,529
Well the sound is only coming out of one earbud when I have it plugged into the adapter... I probably got the wrong one :frowning2: Does anyone with balanced equipment want these buds? I might have to move them on, honestly, because there's no point keeping these at the moment. :frowning2:

e: damn it all, here's a for sale or trade listing. </3

I've got one of these Eidolic 3.5mm TRS Plug -to- 2.5mm TRRS Jack Adapters (purchased from a different vendor), and it is secure and works well.
This first link currently shows Out of Stock - http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/...d-kern-a-k-adapter-direct-soldered-conversion
This link doesn't say, but it appears to be a slightly different model - https://doublehelixcables.com/product/eidolic-2-5mm-trrs-3-5mm-trs-adapter/

Jul 16, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #53 of 1,529
I've got one of these Eidolic 3.5mm TRS Plug -to- 2.5mm TRRS Jack Adapters (purchased from a different vendor), and it is secure and works well.
This first link currently shows Out of Stock - http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/...d-kern-a-k-adapter-direct-soldered-conversion
This link doesn't say, but it appears to be a slightly different model - https://doublehelixcables.com/product/eidolic-2-5mm-trrs-3-5mm-trs-adapter/

Have agreed a trade with OP @siderak - can't be bothered putzing around with connectors and adapters when all I have to work with are 3.5mm inputs, you know? If I want to get into balanced audio later on I'll know where to start, thanks for the tips. His end of the bargain is a K's 300 Samsara so I think that was a good trade :wink:

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #54 of 1,529
Have agreed a trade with OP @siderak - can't be bothered putzing around with connectors and adapters when all I have to work with are 3.5mm inputs, you know? If I want to get into balanced audio later on I'll know where to start, thanks for the tips. His end of the bargain is a K's 300 Samsara so I think that was a good trade :wink:

I couldn’t resist...

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #56 of 1,529
Hey guys, I am selling my entire inventory of earbuds to get the ZoomFred, that includes my OG Blur 300, if anyone is interested hit me up with a pm :)

You don't have your list on your profile so how does anyone know what you have. You should make a listing in the For Sale area and post the link here... that would help.

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #57 of 1,529
You don't have your list on your profile so how does anyone know what you have. You should make a listing in the For Sale area and post the link here... that would help.

Oh I am terribly sorry, I mentioned the Blur here since its the Blur lovers thread so I thought that it should go to a Blur lover :) , the other noteworthy buds are the ToneKing TO400s and K's K300 Samsara. How do I add a list of my gear on my profile? I cant seem to figure it out :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #58 of 1,529
Oh I am terribly sorry, I mentioned the Blur here since its the Blur lovers thread so I thought that it should go to a Blur lover :) , the other noteworthy buds are the ToneKing TO400s and K's K300 Samsara. How do I add a list of my gear on my profile? I cant seem to figure it out :frowning2:

Don't be sorry, I just wondered how we were supposed to know what was being sold. You sure are willing to give up a lot for those ZoomFreds! About the list of gear.... see where you name is at the top of the page? There is a drop down menu. Choose Personal Details and fill in whatever fields you want. You don't have to do all of the categories especially if they do not apply. You can go back in anytime and edit. Remove things that you no longer have... or make a special category for those if you want to show what you have owned in the past. Add new things when they arrive. Sometimes after I order something I put it in the list as incoming and edit when it arrives. You can tweak it and add impressions. Have fun:) Mine is always a work in progress.

You will also find in the drop down menu an option to create or edit a signature line...like some people have at the bottom of their posts.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #60 of 1,529
Don't be sorry, I just wondered how we were supposed to know what was being sold. You sure are willing to give up a lot for those ZoomFreds! About the list of gear.... see where you name is at the top of the page? There is a drop down menu. Choose Personal Details and fill in whatever fields you want. You don't have to do all of the categories especially if they do not apply. You can go back in anytime and edit. Remove things that you no longer have... or make a special category for those if you want to show what you have owned in the past. Add new things when they arrive. Sometimes after I order something I put it in the list as incoming and edit when it arrives. You can tweak it and add impressions. Have fun:) Mine is always a work in progress.

You will also find in the drop down menu an option to create or edit a signature line...like some people have at the bottom of their posts.

Yes, I am practically gambling every high end earbud I have for the ZoomFreds, while its really hard to do it since I like them all a lot, there is no other way to fund my purchase :frowning2:
Thank you very much! I have created my gear list! While there isnt much yet I hope to expand it in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back