Bluetooth Transmitter
May 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Coolsax

Head-Fier
Not sure where to put this, so thought the Amps section might be appropriate. Does anyone know of a bluetooth transmitter that you would plug into an amp to transmit to your bluetooth headphones? I am wanting to transmit from my home system/ that has a turnable, which is a peachtree Nova 150 to my Sennheisser Tru Wireless or B&W P7 bluetooth cans while I work. b/c Wife is home b/c of the pandemic, that way I don't bug her but can play the turntable.

*** Edit some Amazon Searching would have behooved me so now my question is, what is the best one.. they all seem to be around $30-50.00. Are they decent enough quality?***

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 10
Bluetooth still doesn't have the quality that comes close to CD, but it's getting better. I personally would want Bluetooth 5 for fewer dropouts. Not sure the codex's on your cans, but make sure the device handles the apt x HD or the new Sony one that starts with an L. That way you can see which one you want. Not sure there is even one on the market that is 5 let alone able to handle these.

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 10
I have a similar issue. I recently got the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch wireless earbuds. They work great with my tablet but I have an old Cowon J3 that has bluetooth but version 2.0 which will not pair with the Touch earbuds (BT 5.0). It seems that my only option is to get a bluetooth transmitter that connects to it's 3.5mm headphone jack. I have a Fii0 E12 Mont Blanc amp that I use with the Cowon to connect to wired headphones that I could attach to the transmitter but getting a headphone amp with BT is OK as well but most don't deal with headphone jacks any longer. I've looked at Fiio but nothing seems to be what I want. It needs to be compact because it would be attached to the Cowon. There are transmitters on Amazon (Taotronics, etc) that are cheap but I wonder if there is something of better quality out there so I decided to ask here.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 10
I’m using the top Fiio BT device and love it. It’s easier than other BT devices and it works.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 10
I’m using the top Fiio BT device and love it. It’s easier than other BT devices and it works.
The Fiio BT devices are all receivers not transmitters except for the BTA30 which is both but in 2 pieces and not really useful with a small handheld MP3 player. I was looking at the Twelve South AirFly Duo but the "Air" makes you wonder if it will work with non-Apple earphones (Cambridge Audio?).

Aug 12, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 10
Oh, sorry, I misread. I thought you were looking at BT receivers so you can use your headphones with your phone.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 10
The BTA30 is apparently a great unit but it is not portable. It requires power (by USB). It has an antenna. Not something that would fit in your pocket to go with an MP3 player and wireless earbuds. The MEE Connect for TV is smaller, portable and has a battery but seems targeted towards TV which makes you wonder about sound quality.

I am now looking at the Trond Duo which seems to fit my requirements. Anybody have experience with Trond? The other option is Taotronics but not sure about quality. I read somewhere that Trond has accused Taotronics of stealing their technology. Taotronics are also no longer carried by Amazon due to fake reviews (Fakespot.com).

After checking all of this out, I decided to also purchase a Fiio BTR3K receiver to pair my Samsung Tab S7 with wired headphones. Again, small and battery powered, no antenna.

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 10
I have a similar question that I'm not sure where best to post. The lightning port on my phone is breaking. My camera connection kit to USB setup disconnects every time I adjust my phone, so I'm thinking of connecting it to my DAC/amp via Bluetooth. Any thoughts on if/how that would affect the sound quality?

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #10 of 10
If you don’t have a strong connection, you will have break ups etc. yes, it can affect the SQ as mine did when the port became loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back