Bluetooth problems with Shanling M2S
Sep 9, 2017 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DaddyP

New Head-Fier
Hi folks, I bought an Shanling M2S so I could retire my Fiio X1 as I wanted a player to connect to my Nissan Connect via bluetooth, really was the sole reason for buying it! Unfortunately I'm unable to pair it, it can see Nissan Connect but as soon as I try to pair I get "Connection Failed", it'll connect to my phone ok but even that requires me to turn BT off and on a few times.

Is it something to do with the M2S being BT 4 and my connect being a few years older uses an older version?

Also, I can't find an option to use inline controls on my headphones, even my X1 has that option!

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 11
Hi folks, I bought an Shanling M2S so I could retire my Fiio X1 as I wanted a player to connect to my Nissan Connect via bluetooth, really was the sole reason for buying it! Unfortunately I'm unable to pair it, it can see Nissan Connect but as soon as I try to pair I get "Connection Failed", it'll connect to my phone ok but even that requires me to turn BT off and on a few times.

Is it something to do with the M2S being BT 4 and my connect being a few years older uses an older version?

Also, I can't find an option to use inline controls on my headphones, even my X1 has that option!

Try to reset the settings in the Shanling, and see if it works after that. Had an M1 doing to same the other day, I updated the firmware and did a factory reset and it worked flawlessly :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 11
It does seem like a firmware issue, definitely try the hard reset!

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 11
Funny you should mention this, I couldn't get my Shanling M2s to connect via BT with my Kia Venga either :frowning2:

Sep 27, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 11
I've wiped, reset, tried different firmwares and still no joy. I'm wondering if it's because Nissan Connect requires a pin code to pair possibly? For now I'm just using it via USB, bit of a pain but better than nothing.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #8 of 11
I've wiped, reset, tried different firmwares and still no joy. I'm wondering if it's because Nissan Connect requires a pin code to pair possibly? For now I'm just using it via USB, bit of a pain but better than nothing.

My colleague has a Nissan too and said that it does not work due to needing a pin code to connect, we are going to ask if this is something that can be fixed in the shanling firmware.

Nov 10, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 11
My new m3s can connect to noble BTS but failed to connect to my sennheiser pxc550

I have since updated my firmware from 1.1 to 1.2 but still has no luck

Anyone been able to fix this problem? Would love to hear from them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back