Bluetooth pairing: Jaybird BlueBuds X and Sound Blaster E5
Apr 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thumprchgo

New Head-Fier
Hey,  new here,  glad I found this forum!

I use Blue Buds X on my work-commute with an iPhone 6.  Recently I bought a Sound Blaster E5 DAC for my in-ear Etymotics.  The E5 has bluetooth.  

Is it possible to pair BT headphones to the E5?   I searched support at Sound Blaster and never found anything definitive.  

Anybody know?

The E5 pairs great with my phone, and my laptop.

Thanks...

May 1, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 6
from the introductory text on the Creative website

The Sound Blaster E5 is a 24-bit/192kHz high resolution USB DAC and portable headphone amplifier. Built with precision audiophile components, a best-in-class 600 ohm headphone amplifier and aptX technology for Bluetooth, the Sound Blaster E5 is the perfect audio component for music lovers, whether they are on the move or beside their PC/Mac.

However, I think this bluetooth is for connecting your source via bluetooth, not headphones.

May 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 6
thanks!  I am beginning to think that since my BlueBuds don't have NFC, they don't pair.  There are headphones that do have the technology, including by Creative, and the Headphone microsite at Creative implies their BT headphones can pair with other devices with NFC....

Thanks!

May 16, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 6
To be clear the E5 features only a BT receiver so you can stream music TO it but not FROM it. I'm miffed why they didn't include a transmitter since it's a perfect use case when used as a portable DAC/AMP and paired to BT cans/earphones.

@Sound Blaster - really hope a future version of E5 (or similar products) will have transmitter as well. This was the only thing holding me back from an E5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back