Bluetooth Mouse?
Dec 20, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #17 of 32
At my computer I have been using the Microsoft Bluetooth model "Wireless Laser Mouse 8000" for almost two years. This is a very good mouse.

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 32
So, I've gotten my Sony Vaio bluetooth mouse and have been using it for the last few days. It pairs up quite easily with my Vaio. It looks nice, though it's not exactly a piece of art as some yahoos on Amazon claimed. Unfortunately, it's not the most comfortable of mice. It's comfortable and full-sized, but it's not like some of those fancy shaped mice. If you can find one of those with bluetooth -- like something from Microsoft, perhaps -- that might be a better option.

Dec 29, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 32
i just bought a Mogo Mouse X54. Got it from expansys, should be good. Newer model with scroll butons, recharges in the laptop card slot. Should be great I'll post up how it goes.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #20 of 32
Among my purchases in the big city tomorrow will be a Bluetooth mouse for my new ThinkPad. It's a toss-up between Lenovo's own ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse and the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000.

The Microsoft looks nicer from what I can discern so far, but may be smaller than the Lenovo (I've got sizable mitts, so I don't like miniature mice). I hope to be able to grope each of these thoroughly in the shop before deciding.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can find one of those with bluetooth -- like something from Microsoft, perhaps -- that might be a better option.

The better Microsoft mice have always, IMO, been pretty good ergonomically. I think this is a good tip.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 32
Logitech MX Revolution (Bluetooth edition paired with the MX5500 keyboard mouse combo) is the way to go.

I bought the keyboard mice combo solely for the mouse. Haha. You can't go wrong with all those customizable buttons and thumb scroll.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #23 of 32
got the Logitech V470, great mouse, good build quality. Like a slightly smaller shaped Microsoft Basic optical mouse. Using it with a iGo stowaway BT keyboard.

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #24 of 32
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that I hate the Apple mouse. To my, and many others' hands, they're ergonomically nightmarish. Hard to reach side buttons, hard to control little rubber nubby button (i.e., easy to accidentally press), and the shape just doesn't seem amenable to long-duration use. Our computer labs recently replaced the Apple mice with Microsoft ones en masse, and few people in my research lab use the stock ones that came with the iMacs. We went off to buy our own. I personally use a Logitech VX Revolution. It's not Bluetooth, but IMO it's a good sight better than the Apple BT mouse.

FLAME ON!

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that I hate the Apple mouse. To my, and many others' hands, they're ergonomically nightmarish. Hard to reach side buttons, hard to control little rubber nubby button (i.e., easy to accidentally press), and the shape just doesn't seem amenable to long-duration use. Our computer labs recently replaced the Apple mice with Microsoft ones en masse, and few people in my research lab use the stock ones that came with the iMacs. We went off to buy our own. I personally use a Logitech VX Revolution. It's not Bluetooth, but IMO it's a good sight better than the Apple BT mouse.

FLAME ON!

I have to agree with you, as nice as the Mighty Mouse may look, it's a hassle to use. I have to return it two days after use because it was just so poorly designed (function wise, aesthetically a beautiful work of art, simple and clean). Too flat for it's own ergonomic good.

Low DPi aside, the mouse is touch sensitive. Contrary to popular beliefs, the mouse do have a right click. But the buttons are rendered useless if you're resting your finger (or hand) on the mouse (a lazy habit of many user). Basically in order to use the mouse proficiently you will have to hold and move the mouse with your thumb, ring finger and pinky, keeping the index and middle finger suspended in the air and only tap the mouse. Very poorly designed for gaming and heavy usage.

Squeezing the two side buttons are a pain in the ass as well. The side buttons don't exactly "click" when you squeeze them. Maybe that's just me, but I can't live without a mouse that not "clicky".

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #26 of 32
its one thing i think microsoft really do get right, for me and my hand thiers have always been the best for me. actually i want them to do a bluetooth version of the wireless 6000 (ithink thats the one) as i know my nearing 8 year old bluetooth mouse on my desktop is going to die someday and need a replacement

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #28 of 32
My dad uses the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000. It comes with some massive AC charging dongle though, but I guess you can hide that in a corner just for charging purposes. It also comes with a small USB bluetooth receiver stick, but if you computer already has Bluetooth, then you won't be needing that.

Short review:
http://www.activewin.com/reviews/hardware/mice/wlm8000/

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #29 of 32
Thanks for the continued input folks!

My wife got me the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 for Christmas:

8718462_sa.jpg

A bit on the small side, but fits under my hand nicely. Works flawlessly. Me happy.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back