Bluetooth IEM/Headphones
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mifero766

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I want to ask for your opinion regarding the following BT Headphones/IEM. I'm choosing which headphone/IEM to buy with good features for my money.

For IEMs
Sony MW600 $47.50
-can use different earphone/speaker and good battery life

JayBird Gear BlueBuds X $170
-expensive but they are great but with the price you will consider other headphones

Headphones(please help with this >.<)
source:online sellers price on my country

Creative WP-450$121

Creative WP-350$87

MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway Bluetooth Stereo Wireless $102

These are the other headphones, expensive but can consider if they are really worth it for the price
Parrot Zik
-expensive
Logitech UE 9000
-expensive
Sony MDR-1R
-expensive
Harman Harkar-BT
-expensive
Sennheiser 550-X
-expensive

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 7
I use both the Sony MW600 and MW1 Smart Wireless Headset Pro. You mentioned the MW600 in your post; I thought I would mention the MW1 as well. I pair them with Galaxy S3/Winamp as source and Westone 3 and Heir Audio 4A as my earphones.

Well both of these are bluetooth receivers with built-in DAC and headphone amp (but not a powerful one). As you already know, you can pair your own choice of earphones with these two receivers, just as I choose to do. The MW1 also has a built-in micro-SD card slot and music player feature.

I think both the MW600 and MW1 are quite good. They drive my earphones adequately. Sound quality is definitely decent, well better and less hiss than if I plugged the earphones directly into the S3.

I have no personal experience with Parrot Zik or Sony MDR-R1BT but personally would like to try these two in future. But for on-the-go portable listening I stick with IEM earphones for now.

Hope this helps.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I use both the Sony MW600 and MH1 Smart Wireless Headset Pro. You mentioned the MW600 in your post; I thought I would mention the MH1 as well. I pair them with Galaxy S3/Winamp as source and Westone 3 and Heir Audio 4A as my earphones.

Well both of these are bluetooth receivers with built-in DAC and headphone amp (but not a powerful one). As you already know, you can pair your own choice of earphones with these two receivers, just as I choose to do. The MH1 also has a built-in micro-SD card slot and music player feature.

I think both the MW600 and MH1 are quite good. They drive my earphones adequately. Sound quality is definitely decent, well better and less hiss than if I plugged the earphones directly into the S3.

I have no personal experience with Parrot Zik or Sony MDR-R1BT but personally would like to try these two in future. But for on-the-go portable listening I stick with IEM earphones for now.

Hope this helps.

I'm interested with Sony MW600 can be used with speakers and pair 3 devices? most headphones can only pair one device right?

does Sony MW600 notifies you if there is a call from your phone and you are using your media player?

is MW1 you are referring to? I think MH1 is the corded earphone.

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I'm interested with Sony MW600 can be used with speakers and pair 3 devices? most headphones can only pair one device right?

does Sony MW600 notifies you if there is a call from your phone and you are using your media player?

is MW1 you are referring to? I think MH1 is the corded earphone.

Thanks!

Sorry I meant MW1. I have corrected the errors in my previous post as well.

I don't think the MW600 can pair or stream to more than one device at one time. Yes it does notify me of incoming calls.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 7
I use the MW-600 coupled with my Westone W4R IEMs (driven from a Toshiba TG01) and have been very happy with the combination. Per the previous post, I don't believe you can pair the MW-600 with more than one device at a time. But you can pair with several devices independently.

Regards,

Kevin

May 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
JayBird Gear BlueBuds X $170
-expensive but they are great but with the price you will consider other headphones

The first unit I got had a defective microphone; I had to send it back; Jaybird replaced it; the new unit works, no problem. And it's very good. Good enough that I've been doing most of my listening on it for the past months. I've got better-sounding IEMs (the 4.A is the best I own), but the Bluebuds X offers the best combination of good sound and practicality, which matters a lot since I do most of my listening in the street, in public transportations, and at the gym. And yes, it has survived the sweat test. Actually, it's been surviving the sweat test on a nearly daily basis for the past month or so, since I've hit the gym regularly and it's so darn hot and humid here. 

Bottom line: In my opinion, it's worth the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back