Bluetooth for customs?
Sep 7, 2016 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Duartisimo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys,

Is there a company that makes a transmitter to hook up to our customs?
Would love to make my UEs wireless and the only thing I've found is a company called RetroFit Bluedio, but not sure how reputable they are. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 11
http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Adapt/

I think Griffin makes one too... Pretty sure somebody posted that somewhere here recently.

Not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for... Hope it helps though.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 11

Is there a company that makes a transmitter to hook up to our customs?
Would love to make my UEs wireless and the only thing I've found is a company called RetroFit Bluedio, but not sure how reputable they are. 

Order a BT receiver small enough to clip onto your collar, then order a very short, custom IEM cable.

Alternately, you could help me flood Fiio with requests to come up with a UE connector version of this:

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 11

Order a BT receiver small enough to clip onto your collar, then order a very short, custom IEM cable.

Alternately, you could help me flood Fiio with requests to come up with a UE connector version of this:

Man Fiio is always making crazy crap. Can't believe I haven't heard of this yet. I'll have to let customers know if they ask me about mic functionality. Great find guys. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 11
This is what I do for bluetooth for my UE's :http://www.head-fi.org/t/633501/aftermarket-iem-cable-list-now-more-visually-stimulating/195#post_12764655

FWIW, i'm buying a bunch of Bluetooth receivers and am going to test out to see which one is the best. I currently use the nobel audio BTS, have the new AK one on order, and will be buying some cheaper ones + some ones from sony and Audiotechnica. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 11
i'm now interested in one of these too.  are there any products out there like the noble BTS for a regular 2 pin.

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 11
  i'm now interested in one of these too.  are there any products out there like the noble BTS for a regular 2 pin.

THe nobel BTS comes with a 2 pin cable (short) for clipping to your collar.... and then if u want to use it wired just get an extension. 

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #10 of 11

THe nobel BTS comes with a 2 pin cable (short) for clipping to your collar.... and then if u want to use it wired just get an extension. 

i guess my comment wasn't clear.  if there was anything else out there made specifically for customs with a 2 pin and the short cable included.

the lear looks neat.  a good deal cheaper than the BTS as well.  has anyone tried it and does it come with the usb cable to charge it?

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #11 of 11

i guess my comment wasn't clear.  if there was anything else out there made specifically for customs with a 2 pin and the short cable included.

the lear looks neat.  a good deal cheaper than the BTS as well.  has anyone tried it and does it come with the usb cable to charge it?

I am really confused on what makes customs different than any other earphone? (I use customs btw). 

The downside of a solution like the westone or lear audio solution over the bts (or the xb10, which i have preordered), is that you cant use your customs wired without changing out the cable. With my solution, I have a short cable for when im using the bluetooth receiver (you dont want a transmitter, you want a receiver). Then, I plug my shorter cable into a longer extension (mini to male) which makes my cable normal length (and it uses lightweight connectors so its not so heavy) so I can use it with my home set up or if my receiver runs out of batteries. 

The other thing is that separate dongles have better battery life. I'm not so sure that the westone/leer cables are significantly more elegant than my solution, however, I had to get a custom cable made so it was a good deal more expensive. However, if you have normal 2 pin connectors, the cable that comes with the bts is great and so the solution is only a few more bucks than the lear and imo a lot more versatile. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back