bluetooth codecs help
Mar 4, 2019 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

antiman

Head-Fier
i've never really used bluetooth streaming, but i'm restoring my 69 camaro, the cd player is going and in in it's place a digital receiver. (cd player wouldn't fit in glove box after installation of AC-new car receiver is much shorter) so i find myself doing research on bluetooth streaming quality...

i also have never used a phone for music, i still carry around a hi rez walkman, but for the ease of daily use i'll be probably using my phone, so...

i understand that as basic 'gen 1' bluetooth (SBC) is somewhat crappy, aptx and ldac are better... so i'm wondering 'do bluetooth devices AUTOMATICALLY use the best codec/connection between devices? how do you make sure the player or source is sending the best signal, and the deck is cooperating?'

any help would be appreciated, i cannot find anything useful online

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 3
Some of the phone will let you choose which Bluetooth codec to use. Similar to certain music players (Walkman). In order to pair in LDAC or aptX, both transmitter and receiver need to support the particular codec else they will choose the codec that both own.

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 3
As stated by the previous person, both devices need to be compatible with whichever format you want (ideally LDAC). If you're an Android user, then (AFAIK) every phone that runs Oreo or higher should be LDAC compatible...you'll just have to check up on the specs of the receiver you want to install in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back