Bluesound Node 2i
Aug 21, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #376 of 385

senorx12562

500+ Head-Fier
I have a question about the Node. Can you plug an external HD into it and play flak files through it? And if so can you see what you are listening to in the display? Can you shuffle songs?? I am considering this player or the Cambridge audio cxn v2
I have no experience with the Cambridge, but if by "the display" you are referring to the device upon which you have installed the Bluos controller app, the answer to all of your questions is yes. But the Node itself has no display.

Aug 21, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #377 of 385

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a question about the Node. Can you plug an external HD into it and play flak files through it?

FLAC, yes you can.

And if so can you see what you are listening to in the display?

No, there is no display. But, you can see what you're playing on the controller app that you can run on a desktop or phone.

Can you shuffle songs??

I believe so but I don't use that feature.

I am considering this player or the Cambridge audio cxn v2

That looks to be more than 2X the price of the Bluesound. Which one you would prefer might depend on whether you have streaming services that the Cambridge doesn't support since BluOS supports probably the largest number of any streamer. Cambridge seems to play DSD (finally) while BluOS does not. There are other things to consider also.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #378 of 385

rsbrsvp

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone compared playing Tidal or Qobuz on the Node vs on a PC through Audrivana? And if so- does the music sound exactly the same to your ears? I am not looking for "bit perfect" scientific explanations;- just subjectively to your ears is the music played through these two options sonically equal or different to your ears?

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #379 of 385

George Chronis

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone compared playing Tidal or Qobuz on the Node vs on a PC through Audrivana? And if so- does the music sound exactly the same to your ears? I am not looking for "bit perfect" scientific explanations;- just subjectively to your ears is the music played through these two options sonically equal or different to your ears?
I've tried Tidal hi Rez files, but it's been a while and it wasn't a very educated or long test. I still have both (in different setups). I use Audirvana on a Mac, but I assume it's similar on Windows. I noticed a difference, but I can't tell you that one is better than the other. Just different. There may be other factors at play as well, though. I'd say that Audirvana sounds "fuller", perhaps more clear but sort of artificially so. Node sounds more organic and natural. Not sure if that helps at all...

Sep 21, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #380 of 385

rsbrsvp

Headphoneus Supremus
I've tried Tidal hi Rez files, but it's been a while and it wasn't a very educated or long test. I still have both (in different setups). I use Audirvana on a Mac, but I assume it's similar on Windows. I noticed a difference, but I can't tell you that one is better than the other. Just different. There may be other factors at play as well, though. I'd say that Audirvana sounds "fuller", perhaps more clear but sort of artificially so. Node sounds more organic and natural. Not sure if that helps at all...
Hi. Thanks. It does help. I love the Audrivana fullness.... My problem is that I really want to use Amazon and the node is the only option for bit perfect...

Does the node have any filter options?

Sep 22, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #381 of 385

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi. Thanks. It does help. I love the Audrivana fullness.... My problem is that I really want to use Amazon and the node is the only option for bit perfect...

Does the node have any filter options?
No, I think there is only EQ which of course I turned off during the initial setup. Anyway, I think it is at the device level in the setup instead of an option while playing. I can't get to my Bluesound systems right now but I think this is right.

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #383 of 385

roadrat

100+ Head-Fier
New version of Windows software (3.20) has issues. I noticed two recurring problems...

1. it sometimes takes forever to find my player when launching the app
2. hitting "next" sometimes moves to random songs...rather than the next song

I reinstalled version 3.18 and problems are solved.

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #384 of 385

judomaniak57

100+ Head-Fier
New version of Windows software (3.20) has issues. I noticed two recurring problems...

1. it sometimes takes forever to find my player when launching the app
2. hitting "next" sometimes moves to random songs...rather than the next song

I reinstalled version 3.18 and problems are solved.
good to know, i quess i will wait to update

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #385 of 385

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
They issued several desktop updates over consequtive days recently. I guess they made a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread