Bluegrass Head-Fi Meet March 2 2019 Impressions
Mar 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #16 of 31
I had a great time Saturday. For me it was an easy 2 hr drive. Thanks to Brent and Teresa for putting this together. Good to see you again Kevin and thanks for the Little Feat tune. Always great to connect with Zach and Bevin.

Well hell yes, a 2-hour drive in my Porsche Panamera would be sweet, too.
An easy 160kph on a US interstate, 250kph on a German autobahn. Schiit, the police couldn't catch you! Note: 1.6kph = 1.0mph.
Just get off I-64 and onto KY62 at the right time (pre-roadblock/spikes) and all is good. Actually, KY62 would be a hoot, in that car :)

Not to mention, I suspect you would drive a couple days to see (Zach and) Bevin again. LOL.

That Little Feat album is one of the best live recordings, IMO.
I only have a few albums that are higher-res than Redbook, and that is one of them ... 24/96 FLAC = sublime.

Sorry to hear about all the flu! The sick folks were smart to not spread it around. Serious stuff there, mates.

We will try our best to make the June 1 meet. Thx for planning and already posting the meet thread, Tom.

Cheers,
Dick

Mar 5, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 31
I agree that the Little Falls album is great, I just enjoyed it today. I hope you make the June meet also.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #19 of 31
Can't say I've ever heard either Canned heat or little feats. Are they both rock bands of the 70s or a different genre? I'm honestly clueless on bands from pre 90s but would like to expand on the ones I know though.

Looks like a lot of sickness went around just before the meet, if there is going to be another one like the last one I'd be glad to go and meet some more of you guys.

Oh and Rvbintv there was a BMW m6 willing to play with my z4 on I-75.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 31

Another car guy, I'd be more than happy to play with my Audi A8 (tuned 4.0).

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 31
Can't say I've ever heard either Canned heat or little feats. Are they both rock bands of the 70s or a different genre? I'm honestly clueless on bands from pre 90s but would like to expand on the ones I know though.

Looks like a lot of sickness went around just before the meet, if there is going to be another one like the last one I'd be glad to go and meet some more of you guys.

Little Feat was big in the mid through late ‘70’s, Canned Heat, the late ‘60’s.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #22 of 31
Just got done listening to some of both Little Feat and Canned Heat. Liked Canned Heat but not so big on Little Feat. Course i really only listened to about 6 songs from each band as to get my feet wet. Did think it was cool to see them with john lee hooker for an album.
Another car guy, I'd be more than happy to play with my Audi A8 (tuned 4.0).
that would be sweet to see out and about. Don't think iv ever looked into one of those before. normally work on cars from 1928-1970 so im a bit behind on new ones. my daily is a z4si while im still building my toy car.

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 31
Just got done listening to some of both Little Feat and Canned Heat. Liked Canned Heat but not so big on Little Feat. Course i really only listened to about 6 songs from each band as to get my feet wet. Did think it was cool to see them with john lee hooker for an album.
that would be sweet to see out and about. Don't think iv ever looked into one of those before. normally work on cars from 1928-1970 so im a bit behind on new ones. my daily is a z4si while im still building my toy car.
I like Little feat better, though I didn't really know them until this meet either.
I used to have a 528i,I think similar engine (3.0 straight 6, manual trans, a beautifully smooth power curve) to your z4, though a bit heavier. I kinda want a roadster, though due to my size, they aren't comfortable.

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #24 of 31
I saw a cool duel one time on a German autobahn.

We were in the slow lane and the speed limit was 120kph.
We were passed by a Porsche 911 and a Lamborghini, nose to tail.

They knew the road. Just then, the speed limit disappeared and so did those cars.
Stayed nose-to-tail and were out of sight in like six seconds.
We just blinked and drooled :)

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #25 of 31
Very cool! I just set it on 80 and cruised home. The Panamera has a two stage rear wing. The first stage deploys at 56 mph.The second stage deploys at 130 mph. I have seen the second stage. I am a very bad boy!:thumbsup:

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #26 of 31
Very cool! I just set it on 80 and cruised home. The Panamera has a two stage rear wing. The first stage deploys at 56 mph.The second stage deploys at 130 mph. I have seen the second stage. I am a very bad boy!:thumbsup:

Man, how cool is that! An automatic 2-stage avionics stabilizer.
You rock, Chuck :)

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #27 of 31
I like Little feat better, though I didn't really know them until this meet either.
I used to have a 528i,I think similar engine (3.0 straight 6, manual trans, a beautifully smooth power curve) to your z4, though a bit heavier. I kinda want a roadster, though due to my size, they aren't comfortable.
yeah bmw has been using the inline 6 for a good while now, only problem iv had with the motor is everything involved with the cooling system. one piece at a time over the course of a month i had each hose coupling dry rot until the water pump let go. great running like you said though.

Pretty neat that it applies more downforce as speed increases. last thing you need is to not be stable at high speeds. Well that and cops to pull you over :wink:

I saw a cool duel one time on a German autobahn.

We were in the slow lane and the speed limit was 120kph.
We were passed by a Porsche 911 and a Lamborghini, nose to tail.

They knew the road. Just then, the speed limit disappeared and so did those cars.
Stayed nose-to-tail and were out of sight in like six seconds.
We just blinked and drooled :)
That must of been amazing to watch them to drive into the horizon as they played with each other plus the sound of each of them. man that would be cool. Iv seen a few hyper cars around one being a Mclaren P1 at a conquors de elegance in lexington right next to 1930s pierce arrows.

hey do you guys know any more bands in the 60s that are similar to canned heat? the more i listen to them the more im enjoying them these past few days. Oh and if this meet is able to happen again next year I'm going to try to find a pair of audeze LCD-2Cs to bring along rather then the EL-8s i brought last time. Slowly start working up the planear ladder.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #28 of 31
yeah bmw has been using the inline 6 for a good while now, only problem iv had with the motor is everything involved with the cooling system. one piece at a time over the course of a month i had each hose coupling dry rot until the water pump let go. great running like you said though.

Pretty neat that it applies more downforce as speed increases. last thing you need is to not be stable at high speeds. Well that and cops to pull you over :wink:

That must of been amazing to watch them to drive into the horizon as they played with each other plus the sound of each of them. man that would be cool. Iv seen a few hyper cars around one being a Mclaren P1 at a conquors de elegance in lexington right next to 1930s pierce arrows.

hey do you guys know any more bands in the 60s that are similar to canned heat? the more i listen to them the more im enjoying them these past few days. Oh and if this meet is able to happen again next year I'm going to try to find a pair of audeze LCD-2Cs to bring along rather then the EL-8s i brought last time. Slowly start working up the planear ladder.

For someone similar to Canned Heat, maybe try the band Ten Years After...they have some great stuff.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 31
For someone similar to Canned Heat, maybe try the band Ten Years After...they have some great stuff.

Excellent recommendation, another who is often overlooked is Robin Trower.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #30 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back