Bluegrass Head-Fi Meet March 2 2019 Impressions
Mar 3, 2019 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Help and Recommendation Contributor
First off just wanted to thank all that came to the meet I had a very good time . Special thanks to Zach and Bevin for bringing their beautiful headphones as they sound as good as they look and that is saying something. It was nice seeing seeing old friends again and making some new ones. As usual I spent more time talking than listening but still would like to hear impressions from the rest of you.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 31
Thanks, I had a great time

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 31
I had a great time! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful equipment. I got to hear the Grados, electricstatics, LCD-4z, HD800s, and a lot more thanks to Brent. Thank you Tom for letting me listen to your setup, the custom built amp you made looked amazing and sounded just as good. The AKGs paired nicely with it. Thank you all very much!

Matthew

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 31
It was a fantastic meet full of experienced, friendly people who didn't mind letting a new person try to gain a foot hold in the audio world. So thanks to everyone that I had met while there. Must say though that I have a ton of room to grow before I'm able to fully appreciate all that was available but that will come with time. Either way it was a blast to go to and thank you to everyone involved to help make it possible.

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 31
It was a fantastic meet full of experienced, friendly people who didn't mind letting a new person try to gain a foot hold in the audio world. So thanks to everyone that I had met while there. Must say though that I have a ton of room to grow before I'm able to fully appreciate all that was available but that will come with time. Either way it was a blast to go to and thank you to everyone involved to help make it possible.
I’m so glad you had such a good time it was nice to meet you as well. We all love to share are passion of headphones and most of all music. One of my favorite things is checking out the search history on Tidal and finding new things to listen to or some older gems that I’ve forgotten about like Canned Heat (Thanks Kevin).

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 31
Congrats Brent on the successful meet. Anybody take pictures?
It was a good time really wished you and Annette could have came. Teresa took some pics will probably post later today.

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 31
Had a great time, thanks to Mr. and Mrs. @buke9! Loved listening to the latest from ZMF, Audeze, and
Congrats Brent on the successful meet. Anybody take pictures?

@Mshenay did film and take pictures. Missed you at the Meet Dick, hope to see you at the 6/1 Meet!

Loving the emails you’re sending out, some very funny stuff!

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #10 of 31
Really wanted to make it. Brent is my fav. headfier. Fell under the weather though. Thought about toughing it out but kind of glad I didn't. Urgicare just told me I have Influenza type A.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #11 of 31
Really wanted to make it. Brent is my fav. headfier. Fell under the weather though. Thought about toughing it out but kind of glad I didn't. Urgicare just told me I have Influenza type A.
You make 4 that had the flu and didn’t make it . Sorry that you couldn’t make but didn’t need to spread that around to anyone else ; ) I’ll definitely do this again as I had 10 or so couldn’t make it from illness or scheduling problems. Hope you feel better soon James.

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #12 of 31
I had a great time Saturday. For me it was an easy 2 hr drive. Thanks to Brent and Teresa for putting this together. Good to see you again Kevin and thanks for the Little Feat tune. Always great to connect with Zach and Bevin. Looking forward to a new cable for my Verite. Got to listen to an old friend the HE-500. Still love it. Listened to the LCD-4z and came away even more impressed how good my LCD-4 sounds. The 4z did not seem to have the fullness that my 4 has. Hope we do this again without epidemic conditions.

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 31
It was our pleasure Chuck and we also had a great time and will do it again . Did I confuse Canned Heat with Little Feet I know it was a live version Kevin? If you can thrown some good power to the HE-500’s they are very good indeed.

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 31
"Waiting for Columbus" recorded live in 1978 by Little Feat. I listened to the whole thing last night. Will listen again, a keeper.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #15 of 31
Chuck’s correct, it was Little Feat, “Waiting for Columbus,” but I love Canned Heat as well, and they’re similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back