Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 or 1505F?
May 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a 2 footer rca interconnect from Blue Jeans. It seems that they have 2 versions of the cable, the newer LC-1 and the older 1505F. I called the company and the person who answered the phone told me that for a 2 footer, i wont be able to really hear any sonic difference between the two. What do you think, which would u recommend? I've read somewhere that some prefer the 1505F over the LC-1 as a short LC-1 has a overly bright treble... is this true?

May 8, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 11
I have a 2' pair of their 1694F and am quite happy with its performance. The only gripe I have was that it's too stiff to route between my Entech (which weights like two pounds) and my LDII+ (which is light by amp standards). If I was to do it again I'd probably take the LC-1 just because it's more flexible and won't try to pry my amp/source off the rack.

May 8, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 11
I have a .5m LC-1 and it's pretty inflexible. I have trouble placing my Squeezebox next to my amp using these ICs.

May 8, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I called the company and the person who answered the phone told me that for a 2 footer, i wont be able to really hear any sonic difference between the two...

There you go. If the guys selling you the stuff are saying it doesn't matter...

I got a pair of the LC-1 (2 ft, I think) last year and like it just fine. Can't tell the difference between the LC-1 and my older 1505F cables. The nice thing about the other cables is that you have some additional color options (other than black and white). However, I think the LC-1 in black looks pretty sharp
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 11
I bought a couple cables from Blue-Jeans. Never payed customs. Can't remember how they were marked though, your mileage might vary.

I have the LC-1 for my amp, the other is a digital audio cable (1505F I think) but since they are different types of cable (and in the same chain too
biggrin.gif
) I can't compare them, other than to say the LC-1 is considerably stiffer so that might be a point to be concerned with in some setups.

May 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 11
The LC-1 is quite stiff. On my set-up, they were just slightly impractical, so I went for some other cables (albeit more pricey).

May 10, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Rand_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a couple cables from Blue-Jeans. Never payed customs. Can't remember how they were marked though, your mileage might vary.

I have the LC-1 for my amp, the other is a digital audio cable (1505F I think) but since they are different types of cable (and in the same chain too
biggrin.gif
) I can't compare them, other than to say the LC-1 is considerably stiffer so that might be a point to be concerned with in some setups.

Where do u live?

May 10, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do u live?

Oakville, just around the corner from you.

I'm actually sorta surprised it doesn't say that under my name, must have forgot to fill it in.

May 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Rand_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oakville, just around the corner from you.

I'm actually sorta surprised it doesn't say that under my name, must have forgot to fill it in.

And I am in between you both in Port Credit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back