Blue Circle Audio "PaG" Custom Headphone Amp - first impressions/ new pics!
May 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #106 of 148
You should try the phillips golden ears challenge just for the fun. It isn't that hard, albeit a little challenging. Makes for a good fun hour imo.

May 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #107 of 148
  You should try the phillips golden ears challenge just for the fun. It isn't that hard, albeit a little challenging. Makes for a good fun hour imo.

Good idea, that'll keep Hifi busy for awhile. He owes his wife a Mini Cooper.

Jul 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #108 of 148
  Good idea, that'll keep Hifi busy for awhile. He owes his wife a Mini Cooper.

bad news...she got her eyes on a white fiat 500 cabrio with red cabrio top.a friend of hers got a yellow one...  f..ck..
frown.gif

good news though..i updated the pics of my rig..with the new rack and the new feet i got...those feet are a hellish job to get them in in the right way under the amp... took me 2 hours to get the rubbers right and find the right spot under the amp components.
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #109 of 148

bad news...she got her eyes on a white fiat 500 cabrio with red cabrio top.a friend of hers got a yellow one...  f..ck..
frown.gif

good news though..i updated the pics of my rig..with the new rack and the new feet i got...those feet are a hellish job to get them in in the right way under the amp... took me 2 hours to get the rubbers right and find the right spot under the amp components.
wink.gif

Rubber feet for you, that means she'll want to upgrade the tires on her new car. Is this going to be an escalating battle of acquisitions?

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #110 of 148
  Rubber feet for you, that means she'll want to upgrade the tires on her new car. Is this going to be an escalating battle of acquisitions?

I doubt HiFi will care, so long as he doesn't have to install the tires 
wink.gif

Enjoy babying your babies... man.

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #111 of 148

rubber feet? noooo ..check my new pics...those new feet of silence have pistons and rubber rings to keep vibrations on bay..and if placebo didnt hit me with a HUGE rock i think the soundstage got bigger but it also got closer to my face...the music was playing much farther away before i put the laptop on that springmounted top level and the feet under my amp..

but as i said..its also very much possible its all placebo... as i have to be honest..i already had good feet (herbie's audio lab) and they only gave a minimal improvement in sound over the standard feet..alsmost not hearable..only when the tracks had very low passages..i think i could hear less noise..sound was a bit cleaner... but this is like i put the speakers almost in front of me... so weird at first...i even imagine hearing music behind next to me and with certain tracks also a bit behind me.with left and right channel stretched to both sides.. .. i have to listen longer...the effect is more prominent with analog recorded music like from Ennio Moricone....soooo good.especially the track  'the good, the bad and the ugly'.....last night i listened to it 3 times...it now sounds very differently now...more open.. big soundstage...like i experienced when i took off the grills (open grill mod) of my he500 that i had...sound got more open.. well..as i said...i dont know if what i hear now is just placebo or not... but i will listen more and try out the amp components without any feet, with the also good herbies audiolab tenderfoots and the solid tech feet of silent i have now... will keep u updated...

new tires for het new car? nooo no car yet!... i caught her going through the online configuration menu of the fiat cinqocento (500) site though with much interest..

but she knows that this year it wont happen... soon our new home will be ready..ond we have to fill it all up with new stuff..nothing of our old house will be taken with us..no furniture or applicances...and we just bought a very nice kitchen totally based on her specs...i almost fainted when i saw the final price of that!.. and we need a complete new bedroom, bedroom for our daughter with led tv ofcourse, new shower interior, floors, led lightling throughout the house, etc. etc. i think i will be eating water and bread for months when i finally get the keys next october....but at least i sleep well
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #112 of 148
^LED lightning might disturb your sleep cycle. Just saying. So will mointors.. Whatever...

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #113 of 148
  ^LED lightning might disturb your sleep cycle. Just saying. So will mointors.. Whatever...

are u serious about the led lighting? but i dont have any light on when we sleep! but i will check that out! thanks! i know any electrical equipment in ur bedroom can interfere with ur health....even mobiles do...thats why i dont have any electrical stuff on the grid in my bedroom when i am asleep...even my clock to wake us up is powered by rechargable batteries
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #114 of 148
If you're not careful, you might end up last in line and be sleeping on the floor. At least you'll have your headphones and music.
I think you may have invented something new, "Rubber Foot Placebo." 
blink.gif
 At the very least, you're having fun.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #115 of 148
If you're not careful, you might end up last in line and be sleeping on the floor. At least you'll have your headphones and music.
I think you may have invented something new, "Rubber Foot Placebo." :blink:  At the very least, you're having fun.
funny that u say that..as the new feet are not rubber based..but work on a principle of pistons in a metal enclosure hold under pressure by rubber rings or metal springs (depending the weight of the component put on the feet) on the outside...its really cool how it wiggles when u touch it..and then get totally motionless within a second or so...so cool!.. I read upon those feet..and the builder (from sweden) is actually more technician then audiophile i understand..and he makes his stuff purely based on measured figures instead of mumbo jumbo of some audiophile companies..

But even if its just in my head..they look spectacular! The pics just dont do them justice..in real life they are like jewels..especially on the new rack..even if they both dont do anything with the sound..they do look sexy as hell! :D

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #116 of 148
funny that u say that..as the new feet are not rubber based..but work on a principle of pistons in a metal enclosure hold under pressure by rubber rings or metal springs (depending the weight of the component put on the feet) on the outside...its really cool how it wiggles when u touch it..and then get totally motionless within a second or so...so cool!.. I read upon those feet..and the builder (from sweden) is actually more technician then audiophile i understand..and he makes his stuff purely based on measured figures instead of mumbo jumbo of some audiophile companies..

But even if its just in my head..they look spectacular! The pics just dont do them justice..in real life they are like jewels..especially on the new rack..even if they both dont do anything with the sound..they do look sexy as hell!
biggrin.gif

And they're fun to play with.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #117 of 148
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #119 of 148
Looks like PaG will have his brother around next three months. :wink:

Congrats!!!!
Let the BC wave roll all over headfi :beerchug:

Am sure u will love it for ur he6...did u choose same configuration as mine? Only usb in and dual xlr out? Internal dac? External powersupply? What volumecontrol? Etc. etc.. So much fun in choosing what u want huh?.. Hehehe... :D
And only 3months huh? Lucky u..i waited more then a year..but i dont regret any day of it :wink:

Keep me posted, my new familymember :wink:

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #120 of 148
Mine has no build in DAC, have only headphone amp with separate gigantic power supply which is the key for the hardest to drive He6.  Supposed to have input:RCA, XLR and output: 4pinXLR, 6.3mm. One Alps volume control.
wink.gif

Let's hope that there's no delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back