Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
May 10, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #271 of 327
Meh, I had very high expectations from a mic company that claimed they were the first to have "superior" ANC by using dedicated mics. If bose is still king of ANC then no chance for me, if ANC wasn't that important and all I wanted was wireless, I'd go with the B&O H9. But if I wanted ultraportables, I'd go with iems anyways with much better passive noise cancelation and more portability.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #272 of 327
It's a little disappointing the extra driver doesn't seem to boost ANC performance as much as allow for better sound performance. Blue's defense, they seem to have succeeded in using their expertise to focus on sound quality first. I'm very curious how the ANC directly compares to Bose and Sony.

I don't really think there's an easy decision for people looking for Wireless ANC headsets.

May 10, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #273 of 327
Meh, I had very high expectations from a mic company that claimed they were the first to have "superior" ANC by using dedicated mics. If bose is still king of ANC then no chance for me, if ANC wasn't that important and all I wanted was wireless, I'd go with the B&O H9. But if I wanted ultraportables, I'd go with iems anyways with much better passive noise cancelation and more portability.

The H9? I'm surprised to hear you say that. Blue sounds closer to AKG's signature sound I think than B&O does. Do we even know how good the H9's ANC capabilities are? I haven't looked into it.

There is the possibility too that they may send an update in the near future that might improve the Satellite's ANC quality too.

May 10, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #274 of 327
It's a little disappointing the extra driver doesn't seem to boost ANC performance as much as allow for better sound performance. Blue's defense, they seem to have succeeded in using their expertise to focus on sound quality first. I'm very curious how the ANC directly compares to Bose and Sony.

I don't really think there's an easy decision for people looking for Wireless ANC headsets.

Yeah me too Forward. Hopefully someone on here will compare the Satellite to the QC35 or Sony's MDR-1000X in the near future now that the Satellite is FINALLY being released.

I still think the sound quality being even better than the ANC should matter more, but then again, I don't give a crap about ANC. lol I feel like as long as it's doing "very well" or better, that should be enough. If I'm paying $400, man, the SQ can't just be "pretty good". lol

Yeah not anymore. I guess one factor to help choose is HOW noisy is the environment you're gonna be in going to be?

May 10, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #276 of 327
The H9? I'm surprised to hear you say that. Blue sounds closer to AKG's signature sound I think than B&O does. Do we even know how good the H9's ANC capabilities are? I haven't looked into it.

There is the possibility too that they may send an update in the near future that might improve the Satellite's ANC quality too.
nope, blue is far from it, b&o earlier models have great mids and more balanced bass, the updated models have more bass though but it doesn't really matter when you're out in public in a noisy environment where lower frequencies fade the quickest. Blu bass is far from anything akg in existence. Besides, akg is not what I'm always looking for, I just like whatever sounds good to me which is mids

May 11, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #277 of 327
nope, blue is far from it, b&o earlier models have great mids and more balanced bass, the updated models have more bass though but it doesn't really matter when you're out in public in a noisy environment where lower frequencies fade the quickest. Blu bass is far from anything akg in existence. Besides, akg is not what I'm always looking for, I just like whatever sounds good to me which is mids

Interesting. I tried the B&O H7 and loved the comfort. I felt they sounded a lot like my MoFi but with weaker bass. I was definitely impressed with the wireless and comfort + sound quality. I actually think mids are what the MoFi do best across bass/mid/treble.

Really curious to hear the P9. Sounds like fun.

May 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #278 of 327

Ok but I mean, bass aside for a second, when I compared Lola to like the K55X series (which all sound the same to me lol), I felt it was very identical. The huge soundstage was DEF there. So even mids and highs sound closer to B&O to you than Blue's does??

Yeah I've noticed that too like when I'm on Metra train going to downtown, I do lose a lil bass when it gets noisy, which is very intermittent.

May 12, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #279 of 327
Interesting. I tried the B&O H7 and loved the comfort. I felt they sounded a lot like my MoFi but with weaker bass. I was definitely impressed with the wireless and comfort + sound quality. I actually think mids are what the MoFi do best across bass/mid/treble.

Really curious to hear the P9. Sounds like fun.
Apparently Bluealltheway tried them and didn't like them, he much prefered the blu ella and even his older shure 1540 pair. Some people even said the bass was muddy which isn't a good sign, I know that b&w are known for strong mid bass

May 12, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #280 of 327
Ok but I mean, bass aside for a second, when I compared Lola to like the K55X series (which all sound the same to me lol), I felt it was very identical. The huge soundstage was DEF there. So even mids and highs sound closer to B&O to you than Blue's does??

Yeah I've noticed that too like when I'm on Metra train going to downtown, I do lose a lil bass when it gets noisy, which is very intermittent.
I DUNU, blu for one is definitely not one that makes light headphones, comfort is my biggest priority over anything sound related. And guess what, I ended up moving to speakers which are incredibly comfortable :baby: plus have a massive soundstage. I don't specifically go searching for headphones or speakers that have a certain treble or bass response, all I care is the mids and I tweak and experiment with differ. I've tried headphones with great mids but weak treble. some with dominant treble, etc

May 12, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #281 of 327
I DUNU, blu for one is definitely not one that makes light headphones, comfort is my biggest priority over anything sound related. And guess what, I ended up moving to speakers which are incredibly comfortable :baby: plus have a massive soundstage. I don't specifically go searching for headphones or speakers that have a certain treble or bass response, all I care is the mids and I tweak and experiment with differ. I've tried headphones with great mids but weak treble. some with dominant treble, etc

Sorry for derailing this tread :)

AKG have you ever tried Beyer Amiron Home? Excellent comfort, better than DT 1990 and great mids and soundstage. I more and more prefer it over the 1990 even though the 1990 it technically better and should suit the music i listen to more.

May 12, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #282 of 327

I mean I tried the Lola and I thought it was comfortable. I DUNU either. lol

Yes you are now LITERALLY Mr. Speakers. LOL

Well I'm just glad you're happy akg. lol :L3000:

May 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #283 of 327
I mean I tried the Lola and I thought it was comfortable. I DUNU either. lol

Yes you are now LITERALLY Mr. Speakers. LOL

Well I'm just glad you're happy akg. lol :L3000:
Weight alone is discomfort to me, even some of the most comfortable and lightest headphones in the world don't cut it for me. You know what happened to my head with the k551 LOL. Yes I guess you can call me mr speakers now :relieved: LOL

May 12, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #284 of 327
Sorry for derailing this tread :)

AKG have you ever tried Beyer Amiron Home? Excellent comfort, better than DT 1990 and great mids and soundstage. I more and more prefer it over the 1990 even though the 1990 it technically better and should suit the music i listen to more.
nah, I gave up on beyer mids. it's always the mids or upper mids that gets a dip. It's kinda too late for beyer now since I won't be buying headphones anytime soon :tired_face::thumbsdown::fearful:

May 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #285 of 327
Weight alone is discomfort to me, even some of the most comfortable and lightest headphones in the world don't cut it for me. You know what happened to my head with the k551 LOL. Yes I guess you can call me mr speakers now :relieved: LOL

Hmm ok. I guess it's all subjective, LIKE sound quality.

Umm, I don't remember. What happened??

Oh, and I WILL! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back