Blu-Tak Mod options-Senn hd 280 bass boost
Jun 23, 2004 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iq160plus

100+ Head-Fier
Since the search function out right now, I cant find the blu-tak mod for that someone did on Sennheiser HD-280 Pros. If anyone has that link, I would like it posted here.

It the mean time, when I read it, I though that Hot Melt Glue might have the same effect as far as filling in the empty space. However, I seem to remember something about cotton balls? Anyway, I took the dirvers out, and the only reason I didn't just try it it that I dont want the hot melt glue to get in through the back of the driver. Do you think that the glue will work? I cant find the poster Blu Tak stuff yet. I guess that I could place wax paper over the back of the driver, fill the cavity with hot melt glue, cram the driver in. Let cool for a minute, and then remove the paper and re-assemble.
280smile.gif

Has anyone tried this mod with any material? Should I leave ANY space around the driver? I am trying to boost the mid-bass response. If I am to close it down a great deal, it seems that SENNHEISER would have designed them this way. Thanks for all ideas

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 2
I wouldn't use hot glue. At least with the poster tak, you can remove it if you don't like the effect. I didn't find Blue Tak either, but I used a yellow color poster tack that I found in the office supply aisle at Walmart. I also put a very small amount of cotton batting on top of the tak, under the driver. All together, the mod help the bass just a little and it helped tone down the plasticy resonance in the midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back