Blu (of Blu & Exile)
Feb 5, 2009 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
I really love the album Below the Heavens which Blu did with producer Exile. Some of the most refreshing hip hop I have heard in the past couple years.

anyone heard his solo or non-Exile projects? I know he had one called C. R. A. C., pretty sure there was another called Johnson and Johnson or something like that......

I'm not necessarily looking for another Below the Heavens, would be happy to hear a new style but at same time BtH is so great I could just keep on listening to it if Blu's other work isn't quite as good.

and if you haven't heard the other album, take a listen!

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 5
I didn't like C.R.A.C. at all, but Johnson & Jonson is pretty good. It's a more diverse listen than Below the Heavens, but not nearly as consistent or focused. It's also pretty poorly mastered. My favorite song on the album "Hold On", which samples John Lennon's song of the same name.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 5
Gotta agree. I thought the C.R.A.C. album didn't really showcase the best of Blu. And to be honest, I'm struggling to think of another MC that made as big am impression on me last year.

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 5
cool thanks for your impressions on the other stuff.... sounds like I can give it a miss for now.

any other rappers you guys like in the same way as Blu? Wale is the other current day hip hop artist I think is doing some good stuff, but I don't like any of his releases all the way through they all seem pretty inconsistent.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool thanks for your impressions on the other stuff.... sounds like I can give it a miss for now.

any other rappers you guys like in the same way as Blu? Wale is the other current day hip hop artist I think is doing some good stuff, but I don't like any of his releases all the way through they all seem pretty inconsistent.

Yeah, I've been waiting for Wale's studio album to drop for some time. I think the finished product will be a lot more solid than some of the mixtapes that are floating around. I got a chance to see him live last year and he didn't disappoint. If you're looking for some other talent out there, you may to check out these:

Kidz in the Hall - The In Crowd
Invincible - Shapeshifters
Black Milk - Tronic
Ohmega Watts - Watts Happening
Blue Scholars - Bayani

Happy Hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back