Blox M2C review delayed/cancelled (impressions)
Oct 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SplashArtist

Head-Fier
hey everyone at head-fi! If you read my thread about the m2c i stated i had a review coming (which was in the impression stage) but 3 days after recieving the product the right speaker has already blown! Not sure if i received a defective headphone or if the drivers are really weak. I've obviously taken good care of them as I just got them not too long ago. I messaged Woo at blox so im just waiting for his reply.

First Impressions:   I do have pictures for the headphones but I figure i'll save it for the actual review (if that ever happens). Right out of the box the M2C sounded thin. Not that they sounded bad per say, but they lacked the fullness you get from full sized cans and iems (not the case 20 hours in). What really surprised me though was their incredibly large soundstage and attention to detail. I could hear things in my music that a lot of conventional headphones can't produce. Transparency was also a key character these phones' produced. Your source sucks? Well then the m2c sounded like ****. Put on a good quality flac file and the headphones sounded much, much better. Right off the bat I could tell that the M2C are mid/treble oriented. Usually ear buds don't have ear shaking bass and this wasn't an exception. The bass sounded really weak and didn't extend too deep. The mids on the other hand were lush and full and the treble had a sparkle that reminded me of the koss KSC75. The sound has changed pretty dramatically I can say so far and i'm quite disappointed the headphones crapped out already.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 8
"update" Woo at Blox was kind enough to send out another pair, the full review will come but probably in 3 weeks.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi,

That sucks they became defective, as I'm sure you know it can happen. Important thing is Woo replied quick and gave you good customer care.   I still use mine every day and I have very little to complain about them.  Especially when you look at the price your buying them at.

Look forward to the review, but all I can say after 45 days of usage is wow lol :)

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #4 of 8
I feel bad, I run my M2C for at least a few hours a day for the past few weeks and have not had any problems.  If it already crapped out on you then it just a defect, happens very often with earbuds.  I've had tons of brand new well rated headphones that arrived DOA or failed soon after.  So ya, I feel bad if that is the case which it does seem like.  

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Yea for sure, how do you guys find the sound compared to my impressions?

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 8
You mean the bass was good past 400 hours or that's when the bass disappeared? Sorry your sentence wasn't very clear.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 8
Depend on the burn-in volume, the bass amount will convert to depth at around 400 hours. At first it was What then I realized the bass has been fully integrated into the spectrum so you no longer feel a distinct presence of bass but the sound as a whole. The bass is so clean it's like looking at the bottom of a glass bottle. The transparency will keeping improving well after 400 hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back