Blox M2C compared to Blox TM5, Yuin OK1, PK1, etc etc
Oct 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

phil2yoo

New Head-Fier
As the title says, how do the Blox M2C's compare to the HIGHLY regarded TM5s and the Yuin OK and PK series? Are they comfortable? How do they sound? I don't expect much isolation, but is there some?

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 10
This says it all .....

M2C delivers good clarity and wide sound stage.

There is some isolation, but since they are bigger then lets say PK2's you can only get so much, that said IMO if you are in a noisy environment  you will not get the 100% of the details and clarity this earbud offers.    I use the Cowon J3, with PK2s I'd be pushing 30 on the volume, with the M2C you do not need to push them that high so I am usually around 20.  So since your at a lower volume, any outside noise will effect what you hear.

I use them at night time, when it's quite and I just keep thinking for $28-$47 how amazing they sound, the bonus is they just keep getting better over time from usage. 

Yuin PK2s will offer better isolation and they sound just as good, but in a different way....

Hope this help's you a little.

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 10
hmmm well... since I'm usually in the library anyways, I guess less isolation doesn't really matter. How are these affected by amps? How's the sound signature on these? Are they "warm", bassy, clear, etc etc?

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 10
I've got the pk1, Sony E888 and the M2C. I also spent some time with the pk2. 

My M2c aren't fully burned in I guess, but they have at least 50 hours.

M2C's are crisp, clear wid and spacious. Detail, clarity - it's fabolous. BUT: They have little bass impact, and to me they are fatiguing. Don't worry about that too much - I'm a very picky person with regards to fatigue. But they are on the bright side. 

When properly amped I really love the pk1 - they're my definitive top pick. They are really great, especially with tubes.

From an iPod I prefer the E888 to the M2c due to warmth/less fatigue. Amped, I seem to prefer to M2C. 

For detail and soundstage - the M2C rules. I find them not "warm", very much not "bassy" but very very "clear" - to answer your question directly :) 

My mileage is from desktop amps (SS and tubes) and a iPod classic.  

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #5 of 10
m2c has amazing bass impact once past 500 hours, very clean, deep, has a slam to it. They have forward mids, bright highs, they are not bassy but very capable of reproducing low end information. Overall the it is natural but with a quite forward presentation. it has very amatruish sound to it, exactly the opposite of tm5.  It is very analytical and presents instruments distinctively from each other, so it definitely suits you if you want to pick apart the music. It does sound nearly as smooth as ok2 but technically it destroyed ok2 and is on par with tm5.

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I've got the pk1, Sony E888 and the M2C. I also spent some time with the pk2. 

My M2c aren't fully burned in I guess, but they have at least 50 hours.

M2C's are crisp, clear wid and spacious. Detail, clarity - it's fabolous. BUT: They have little bass impact, and to me they are fatiguing. Don't worry about that too much - I'm a very picky person with regards to fatigue. But they are on the bright side. 

When properly amped I really love the pk1 - they're my definitive top pick. They are really great, especially with tubes.

From an iPod I prefer the E888 to the M2c due to warmth/less fatigue. Amped, I seem to prefer to M2C. 

For detail and soundstage - the M2C rules. I find them not "warm", very much not "bassy" but very very "clear" - to answer your question directly :) 

My mileage is from desktop amps (SS and tubes) and a iPod classic.  

THX.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 10

I'm so happy how head-fi has advanced since I joined... when I got here cheap plastic earbuds from China at over $200 were all the rage.

Now... we have the Sony XBA-3 at less than the Yuin OK1, Sony spent 3 years developing the drivers and it looks high quality.

All that talk "Yuin focus on sound quality and skip on parts to keep prices at a minimum" was pure B/S.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 10
So what you are really saying is, it's taken 3 years for Sony to catch up with Yuin's sound quality lol ...

And which of the XBA-3 IEM since that's what they are, are you referring to since the price range is between $100-$400. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
So what you are really saying is, it's taken 3 years for Sony to catch up with Yuin's sound quality lol ...

And which of the XBA-3 IEM since that's what they are, are you referring to since the price range is between $100-$400. 

LOL.

I'm referring to the ones on amazon.jp, check the yen conversion rate at www.xe.com

xba-4ip

May 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 10
im thinking of getting this m2c, but is it durable? because the build quality looks so cheap..
is this made in china?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back