Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jul 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #893 of 1,133
clearly lacks balance in the low frequency register, mid and high frequencies better than be3mk1, but bass are clamped.. IMHO

Yes, compared to the original greyish housing, M2C implant to BE3 housing is not good on bass. It lacks texture. But I enjoyed it even from Asura. I could say Asura technically better and grander as ClieOS said, but I prefer M2C over Beta Asura. Have not heard retail version so I can not compare.

Blox m2c wins my Blox be3mk1 ⚠
Nice & :cool: earbuds! :thumbsup:

It even wins over BE3mk2 in my opinion..:D

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #896 of 1,133
Strange... As far as I remember my Blox M2C, my Yuin PK2 beat them, which is why I sold them. I think that my BE3 slightly edge out the PK2. Well, perhaps my tastes have changed a bit. It was over 2 years since I sold the M2C...

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #897 of 1,133
No, not strange. I had both the M2C's during the tour with the 800 hour pair and new pair thing. Not better than the PK2 and not better than my old Gigabeat stock buds(from an F10) that I A/B'd extensively with the PK2. Lied, probably listened less than 5 minutes before the PK2 were deemed for sale.

M2C are not better than my Sparc HD stock buds which aren't bad and have lovely bass and a cord slider and the same Senn/Blox housing.

Thought the M2C were decent at the time but now I have bought under $10 pairs(E0931, CP300) and some stock buds like the Sparc HD and another pair of Gigabuds(not as good as the first sadly) that have no problem holding their own against the M2C.

At the time I(don't think I was alone either), I didn't get all the M2C love but then I did have the Gigabuds that beat them and the PK2 and the Head-fier I traded them too liked them better than his HD598. Never really heard an appreciable difference between the new pair and 800 hour pair and i consider myself a golden ear that hears more difference that some people do most times.

I'll edit to say, IIRC, the M2C were further retuned/refined or whatever so newer impressions may(should) be better and/or differing from some of us. Though it does lend some credence since why fix something that wasn't in need
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #900 of 1,133
The old M2C was not very fun to me cause they tried to do bigger bass which can be fun but it was too much midbass and kinda slow and unrefined. I don't mind thicker and beefier as I have a JVC Elation in-ears but they have some texture and better layering a big impactful sound. 

Maybe the when paired with the "audiophile" voiced players like from Hisound and other that were quite neutral but I found the M2C lacking as a general all rounder. Maybe also worked well with the Ipod range at the time but I never had an Ipod.

Only good with certain sources of which a have a half dozen on hand at all times to average out and not just bias on one set up. Never beat the Toshiba on any of them and the stock bud had more consistent performance across all of them which should be the case for a $42 bud. The SM E80 can do it for $52 and be true and stable relative to source. Something like the BeB 328R could. of course later BLOX like the BE3 could do better for cheap but at that time you needed to shell out for a TM5 and TM7 to get that.

Of course it is relative to what you have on hand and have heard. YMMV always applies:) but I have no doubt that most would have favored the Toshiba for fun and overall SQ over all the buds I had around that time like the BLOX, MX880, PK2 Hisound, etc. That applies for the M2C which was again changed at least once so that could be a more fun sounding version even to me. Just haven't heard it
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back