Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
May 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

andyschaub

100+ Head-Fier
Blossom Blo-0299 fully balanced headphone amp with Welborne Labs power supply. This is a very pretty, compact amp that I have used for several years mostly in a desktop office system with an HRT Music Streamer Pro and some Cardas balanced interconnects plus a modified pair of Denon 5000's. It's time to let it go. I have really enjoyed this amp but time marches on. Please feel free to ask me any questions! Thanks for looking. Here's a review that describes the Blossom well:

http://www.avguide.com/review/blossom-blo-0299-headphone-amp-playback-34

Thanks again! The Blossom can take a single ended signal and convert it to balanced but sounds best when used with a balanced source such as the Music Streamer Pro; having said that, it is worthy of better sources such as the Ayre QB-9. It (the Blossom) has a reputation for working well with Sennheiser HD-800's assuming you use a balanced headphone cable from (as examples) Moon Audio, ALO Audio, or Cardas. I considered keeping it to monitor the balanced output of my Berkeley Alpha Series 2 DAC but really need an "all in one" DAC and headphone amp for an office system. The umbilical cord that goes between the power supply and the Blossom has been custom re-terminated to guarantee high quality. I have referred to this amp many times in my writing for Positive Feedback. Please note that this amp CAN work with single ended headphones as the connectors will accept a 1/4" (TRS) connector as well as balanced headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread