Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #5,678 of 6,129
The BL03 still sounds better than the Mini IMO. At least when it comes to this test:

I have not tried the 03 but to me the Mini sounds (and fits) better than the 01

May 13, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #5,680 of 6,129
I wonder whether BLON will create a BL03 with a long stem and better cable, seems to be the main complaint around them.

If u can find a second hand BLON Cardinal (no more in production unfortunately), it has a similar timbre and tonality to the blon BL03, but with a very good resin shell that is akin to the DM6 iem (looks like semi customs).

Cardinal has better fit, isolation and soundstage and technicalities. It is slightly brighter and has more subbass response too.

As for the MINI versus the BL03, the MINI is for sure better in technicalities, isolation and fit than the BL03, but the MINI is brighter and has a thinner, less analoguish note weight. MINI also has some slow midbass with bleed and has a 7khz spike that adds some harshness to cymbals and sibilance. I'm seeing if this can be fixed with aftermarket eartips, but in stock form I think the MINI is a sidegrade to the BL01, just that it is much easier to drive than the BL01.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #5,681 of 6,129
I find, the various blons I have, all have their merits. The 03 is a very relaxing great listen, the 01 has tighter, faster bass, with no bleed into the minds and is more detailed and the mini splits the difference between the 03 and 01, but the fit is lot better. They make excellent sleep earphones with Windows open on a night shift. I'm not going to hear much unless somebody starts drilling.

It is interesting that they all have slightly different tuning and which one I'm in the mood for. And yes the 01 is harder to drive, it sounds harsh out of a phone at loud volumes, or boring at low volumes. But with a cheap amp it sounds better at low volumes. It's a bit weird.

The less said about the 05, the better, I keep trying to give them away.

May 14, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #5,682 of 6,129
I think Blon is simply trying to recreate BL03 with whatever they can. Many of their previous releases are trying to overcome physical shortcomings of BL03 by retaining the same magical sound. But the moment they tweak shell shape/size, nozzle length and angle the sound changes dramatically.

Or I might be wrong, but BL03 might be their greatest accident whereas all other releases are somewhat closer to what they want to achieve in terms of SQ.

May 14, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #5,683 of 6,129
I think Blon is simply trying to recreate BL03 with whatever they can. Many of their previous releases are trying to overcome physical shortcomings of BL03 by retaining the same magical sound. But the moment they tweak shell shape/size, nozzle length and angle the sound changes dramatically.

Or I might be wrong, but BL03 might be their greatest accident whereas all other releases are somewhat closer to what they want to achieve in terms of SQ.
@Barusu Lamperouge Totally agree Mate..the audio engineers at BLON are just going for a proven and viable sound, to date it has been their success formula so far and they will continue to do so, thus why I have stopped purchasing from them after having a similar SS with my Blon 01 after A/B with my fav 03

May 14, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #5,684 of 6,129
Really digging my Blon Mini after one day... Fit is perfect with after market tips.. Very comfortable..To me each of my blons has a slightly different signature but similar overall sound... Each have their pluses and minuses but imo mini is the better all around but I love the 03 the most and the 01 has its merits... Sort of like having 3 kids, you love them all but of course you have your favorite.. Depending on mood and music any one can be the favorite..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back