Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 5, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #5,641 of 6,129
I'm not asking you to switch tips or tip roll. Sorry if it sounded that way. Flip tip is a mod you turn them inside out and use them. It works very well Blon tips. It is mod which was created by @Slater use the hakuzen method, it is instant and super interesting.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-or-fliptips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

It is like having your own hybrid tips for absolutely free! 😉
Yeah, I use it on my SSP lol. Though it doesn't work for my ears in some IEMs. I usually am on small and if I flip them I find that the tip goes like a half size bigger so the IEM pushes out of my ear.

Flipped tips also can't be used with plastic nozzles because they just slide off.

Flip tips also do the swiveling like the Spinfits. But here with the Mini, they provide stock tips that also do that 😉😝

May 5, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #5,642 of 6,129
BLONINI IN DA HOUSE!!

First off
, it comes with a total of 5 tips. Second, build is exceptional. Third, stock cable is the same as the Moondrop SSP/SSR but with a better quality jack and splitter. Fourth, these are hands down the most comfortable shell ever, edging out the Audiosense DT200 and Moondrop SSP by a wide margin. For those that are hesitating due to design and comfort issues, I will take responsibility that there's nothing to be afraid of. I have small "Asian" ears and I don't have an issue with fit. Shell is the heaviest I have but somehow doesn't feel like that in ear.

And fifth? It sounds goood!

It's basically like if the KB Ear KS1 went straight to Mega Evolution (IYKYK) from pre-evolved form. And for the price? I'll be dropping the KS1 from 5/5 to 4/5 because of the Blon BL-Mini.

I, however, have to warn that these are straight up, embracing in all its glory, V-shaped IEMs.

Thanks to @chickenmoon for the graph. Hope it's alright 😅

*It was dreams, not driams. At least "Let Music Burn" still lives on.
**Update on the STM - it's a 3.5/5 for me.

IMG20210505154220.jpg
IMG20210505155201.jpg
IMG20210505162621.jpg
Thanks for this post, mine should be arriving very soon. Turns out bass heavy v shaped is my ideal tuning, and I love my kbear ks1's if these are half as good I'll be happy. Tuning looks pretty similar, perhaps a bit less sub bass?

I have large ear holes so it will make an interesting fit, but these seem to go deeper, so I might get away with a large tip, or even a provided tip, which will be a first from a Blon. I usually use 14mm or 14.5mm tips on shallow fit iems like most kz.

May 5, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #5,643 of 6,129
Thanks for this post, mine should be arriving very soon. Turns out bass heavy v shaped is my ideal tuning, and I love my kbear ks1's if these are half as good I'll be happy. Tuning looks pretty similar, perhaps a bit less sub bass?

I have large ear holes so it will make an interesting fit, but these seem to go deeper, so I might get away with a large tip, or even a provided tip, which will be a first from a Blon. I usually use 14mm or 14.5mm tips on shallow fit iems like most kz.
Here's the graph by the bad guy:

1620252650000.png

Funny thing is I don't perceive the Mini as brighter than the KS1. Can't say I got "colored" by the signature of the KS1 because it's been with my brother for quite some time now. I do wonder if they somehow retuned that peak in mid-treble because of the bad guy's not so positive review. In @chickenmoon 's graph, the peak is closer to 6kHz than the bad guy's ~7.5kHz. Or maybe it's just a difference with the insertion depth to the measurement tool, hence the movement of the peak? Currently running them with the stock "Blonfits," conencted to the Earstudio HUD100 MK2 (bypass mode) in high power.

Regarding insertion depth, I'd say these are like the SSP with a deeper insertion than usual.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5,644 of 6,129

Mine arent overly well burned in and I havent done any comparative listening as such but my feeling is that the sub bass has less extension and presence, the technicalities of the treble are slightly better but the mids are slightly worse.

Mini is more comfortable but KS1 has a better seal. KS1 slightly easier to drive, both scale when fed by my ES100 or Fiio X5iii over my LG V40, Mini more so.

Both are V shaped, the mid recession is mostly more noticeable with KS1 as it's in vocal range, with the Mini it seems to be slightly lower frequency. Treble can be a bit splashy at higher volumes with the Mini, also it can be prone to sibilance on rougher recordings.

May 5, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #5,645 of 6,129
Mine arent overly well burned in and I havent done any comparative listening as such but my feeling is that the sub bass has less extension and presence...
I agree on the sub-bass of the Mini. While it does show better extension on the graph, it being a microdriver brings limitations with the ability to "rumble." Though I haven't done any proper burn-in with them.

Regarding speed, it's noticeably faster than the KS1. Bass quality reminds me of the DQ6.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #5,648 of 6,129
hi, thx for the review of blon mini. I tempted to buy it because of the small housing and seems very suitable for listening to music while sleeping.
i already owned bl05s, and it sound great. how does bl05s compare with bl mini?

BL05S sounds bigger, fuller and less v shaped (to my ears it sounds more "w")

Technicalities are better on the Mini, soundstage I think is a bit better on the Mini, though not as accurate. Separation is much, much better on the 05S.

Mini is more comfortable but 05S is easier to get a good seal.

Bear in mind my Mini now has about 2 hours listening and my 05S has many, many hours (it's my favourite so gets an awful lot of love

May 6, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #5,649 of 6,129
My Blon minis have just arrived, they are a deep fit, I imagine they are like etymotics although I'm too tight to buy their iems. Ten minutes with them and they sound nice. Plenty of bass, and not too splashy treble, I'm really happy with them so far. I'm gonna give them a thrashing at work to test the isolation. I work in a pretty noisy place, so isolation is important to me, so I'll report back.

Quick impressions are, very similar to ks1 but less fatiguing in the treble, maybe because of the deeper fit. I'm gonna tip roll a bit to find out.

May 6, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #5,651 of 6,129
May 6, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #5,652 of 6,129
How does mini compare to dq6 if both are same price which is better but.
Already have Ks1 on order.
If you haven't ordered the KS1, at the same price, I would have automatically recommended the Mini because of the better package overall, SQ (still testing, but quite positive) and shell material (more premium).

However, the Mini will run your KS1 obsolete as I see it as an improvement in essentially every aspect.

I have a review of both the KS1 and DQ6. They're different from each other. The DQ6 are noticeably less bassy as well.

May 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #5,653 of 6,129
If you haven't ordered the KS1, at the same price, I would have automatically recommended the Mini because of the better package overall, SQ (still testing, but quite positive) and shell material (more premium).

However, the Mini will run your KS1 obsolete as I see it as an improvement in essentially every aspect.

I have a review of both the KS1 and DQ6. They're different from each other. The DQ6 are noticeably less bassy as well.
Well I have the bl-01 and don't like them as much as I want to. Fit is not best and only flipped tips give on seal. Am returning them to Amazon. The mini are nearly double the price of the Ks1.
From what I hear the Ks1 to bl-01 is a bit warmer sounding with more bass. Closer to bl-03 and easier to drive them

May 6, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #5,654 of 6,129
Well I have the bl-01 and don't like them as much as I want to. Fit is not best and only flipped tips give on seal. Am returning them to Amazon. The mini are nearly double the price of the Ks1.
From what I hear the Ks1 to bl-01 is a bit warmer sounding with more bass. Closer to bl-03 and easier to drive them
You're from Asia? And have access to Shopee or Lazada? *Edit* Didn't read that you ordered from Amazon 😅

*In USD

KS1 - ~12
BL-01 - ~14
MINI - ~19 (Promotional Price on Lazada, can't mention the store as it's banned here on head-fi)

I've seen the graphs and these three have subtle differences from bass to upper midrange and diverge starting treble. I don't have the 01 but I can say that the Mini is like a more refined KS1 with better technicalities and build/cable/tips.

KS1 doesn't scale with my HUD100 but the Mini shows marked improvements in bypass, high power. The Mini does happily play with low-powered sources (phone/laptop).

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #5,655 of 6,129
My bl-01 want more power than my DAC amp dongle gives. I have to raise volume to 70 percent compared to my moon drop Aria at 45%.

And I am in Canada. Ali express process on the mini are double.

Aria will be my go to iem for most listening. Ks1 really just if I want more bass heavy warmer sound. Ks1i think had better Treble detail than the Blon. And again half price.

Maybe if the mini comes down to the 20$Canadian from its near 40$piece will reconsider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back