Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #5,506 of 6,129
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #5,507 of 6,129
Maybe time to ask here : does Blon 03 really need new cable ? what's problem with stock one, quality of sound ? not easy to place over the ear ?

For home i have my Grado, this one is only for subway
For me I enjoyed the stock cable. I didn't bothered testing other cable as it will just cost you more and defeat the fact that I bought blon for budget-fi purpose

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #5,508 of 6,129
For me I enjoyed the stock cable. I didn't bothered testing other cable as it will just cost you more and defeat the fact that I bought blon for budget-fi purpose
I just received my Blon BL-05S tonight. And to a bit of dismay, my nice shiny 16-core copper cable for whatever reason isn't quite gelling with the fit. The connectors are just a smidge thicker than the included cable and just that 1mm makes enough difference to break the seal. I'm sure if I can remedy the nozzle issue of get some longer tips it will help.

But really, these are the main gripes I have with both the 01 and 05S, fit issues primarily due to short nozzle length.

Now to be fair, I've had these issues with past Sony IEMs (not to this extent though). Heck, even Etymotics can be finicky trying to get a perfect balance of insertion with both ears and experimenting with tips.

Fortunately, I bought some NICEHCK foamies that work well enough with the 05S to give me a perfect stereo balance.

Overall, the 05S is a bit more 'reference' but still fun, but works better for instrumental and acoustic genres. The 01 is the more immediately pleasing signature but I think I prefer the mid-range and treble of the 05S. You can turn the 05S up with less fatigue than the 01 - so it seems.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #5,510 of 6,129
Maybe time to ask here : does Blon 03 really need new cable ? what's problem with stock one, quality of sound ? not easy to place over the ear ?

For home i have my Grado, this one is only for subway
I am using Blon 01 with the stock cable (which should be the same of Blon 03) and it works without any problems: 0 microphonics and easy to place over the ear. You can shape the degree of angle of the cable and adjust it according to your ears.

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #5,511 of 6,129
I picked up a NiceHCK C16-3 16 Cores High Purity Copper Cable on AliExpress. link here

It is absolutely awesome quality and I managed to get a few on sale. It is a touch heavy, but you can still walk around with it. I'd say it's more of deluxe home cable so would recommend something a bit lighter.
Link don't work for me

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #5,512 of 6,129
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #5,514 of 6,129
Link don't work for me
Just received my replacement 8 core KBear Rhyme cable i picked up in the sale, so much better than the stock cable less tangle better comfort and fit with a 2 pin connection stock is a TFZ connection.
Also found a very similar quality cable HERE maybe a better deal now the sale is over.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #5,516 of 6,129
Thank's Malfunkt i'll wait to received the Blon 03, if i like it i'll probably buy a new cable, now i know what i want,

Clear copper
Angled jack

angled copie1.jpg

not this pin
no pin.jpg

but this one (dunno the name) i read some are not compatible with Blon... not qdc, 2 pin 0,78 connector must work or ?
pin copie.jpg

And less then 15/17 $

I have 10 days :p

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #5,517 of 6,129
Thank's Malfunkt i'll wait to received the Blon 03, if i like it i'll probably buy a new cable, now i know what i want,

Clear copper
Angled jack

angled copie1.jpg

not this pin
no pin.jpg

but this one (dunno the name) i read some are not compatible with Blon... not qdc, 2 pin 0,78 connector must work or ?
pin copie.jpg

And less then 15/17 $

I have 10 days :p
As others have recently mentioned, XINHS will make a cable with the L-Type/90-degree 3.5mm and for Blon, use TFZ connectors
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001742584456.html

I would use your images when messaging the store.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #5,518 of 6,129
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #5,519 of 6,129
Have tried swapping the cable or plug left to right and right to left.
To eliminate if maybe the cable is at fault ?
Yes, tried and tested cable connection the fault is the right side earbud, i carefully cleaned the gauze in the opening which fixes it for another couple of hours use, guess i have a faulty right side bud broken or faulty gauze/seal maybe the left side is fine.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #5,520 of 6,129
Yes, tried and tested cable connection the fault is the right side earbud, i carefully cleaned the gauze in the opening which fixes it for another couple of hours use, guess i have a faulty right side bud broken or faulty gauze/seal maybe the left side is fine.
Try using the left unit on your right ear (upside down), it might be a moisture problem due to more wax in your right ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back