Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #5,176 of 6,129
You must try SednaEarfit. For BL03, i'm using the standard or light version (not the short) for perfect shallow fit. Spacer mod isn't required with this one.

Imo, wide bore eartips help the BL03 to make them sounds less muddy, open and beter nuances. And then it will become more enjoyable.

I have actually tried every model of SednaEarfit, and have also tried the flip tip mod, using all sorts of different tips, and none work for me. The BL-01 and BL-03 are, hands down, the worst fitting IEMs I've ever used, out of at least 100 different sets I've owned over the years. It's extremely frustrating, because for the 1/2 a second they actually maintain a seal, I love the way they sound.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #5,177 of 6,129
Man, do we have a lot to choose from in the budget chi-fi space, and add the Blon BL-01 to that list. Wow, didn’t think Blon could do it again but they did, producing another IEM with great timbre and naturalness. I’m snowbirding it’s down south so I don’t have my whole inventory to compare, and the 03 I have with me is naked, without wax guard, so it’s hotter than stock, but stock for stock, I feel the 01 splits the difference between the stock 03 and 05S as far as mid bass goes, with the 03 having the heaviest while the 05S having the lighter and speedier mid bass. But I have to admit, I love them all, with the 01 being the most versatile. I also have the Kbear Lark which is another excellent budget choice but the digitalness of the balanced armature rears it’s ugly head once in a while. The Blon 01 renders drum, cymbals and other percussion work with a deft detail and natural decay that is hard to match with a budget hybrid IEM. I also enjoy the midrange of the 01 the most of the Blons, again providing a delicious analog flavor where most of the music is, in the middle. I find the fit of the 01 the best as it stays in place all night without adjusting. It also doesn’t seem to benefit as much as the others in balanced mode, which I like because battery life really takes a hit on the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode. The 05S is the master of complex prog rock, with a driver that seems speedier than the others to help keep the instruments separated, and it really seems to respond to balanced mode nicely. But honestly I like them all and am happy that price wise they are affordable enough to have a few in the stable to choose from.

34CCE255-0A50-4C0C-802B-DEA959407231.jpeg

What is the red-white cable ?

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #5,178 of 6,129
I have actually tried every model of SednaEarfit, and have also tried the flip tip mod, using all sorts of different tips, and none work for me. The BL-01 and BL-03 are, hands down, the worst fitting IEMs I've ever used, out of at least 100 different sets I've owned over the years. It's extremely frustrating, because for the 1/2 a second they actually maintain a seal, I love the way they sound.

What's normal size you are ertips using?

Idk why this day short + small nozzle iems become a thing. Even newer KZ's lineups using similar nozzle.

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #5,183 of 6,129
03 are some of the best fitting IEMs I have. I guess one man' s garbage is another's treasure
Agreed. I got this set in late October/early November by a swap/trade. I cut one of the stems of the included tips to elongate the stem...then put on my favorite Newbee foam tips. Also put on a KBEAR Rhyme balanced cable. Drive them with my ES100 and I've been kicking myself in the ass for not having picked them up sooner. These little suckers fit my ears better than anything I currently have! Stayed up late after coming home from work; listened for 4 hours before I had to force myself to go to bed.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #5,184 of 6,129
03 are some of the best fitting IEMs I have. I guess one man' s garbage is another's treasure
Same, except for those pre-formed earhooks. they are terrible, gives me fatigue rather quickly. the iems are comfy af tho.
if you guys could suggest temporary solutions, I've ordered a new pair of cables, but it's gonna take like half to a month to reach here.
anyway I'm slicing the plastic tubing, hope it more comfortable.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #5,186 of 6,129
I must have ears that were breed for the Blon bl03. supplied tips and cable are crap, so replaced with a 2 pin over ear balanced cable and tip rolled to through some shallow tips before settling on KZ starlings, no spacers or anything.

fits lovely and blon BL 03 sounds great, gone back to it as daily driver from my CCA c12.

edited

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,187 of 6,129
Using my BL01 for mixing this morning.
IMG_20210117_091644.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5,188 of 6,129
What's normal size you are ertips using?

Idk why this day short + small nozzle iems become a thing. Even newer KZ's lineups using similar nozzle.

I have boxes of pretty much every size and shape ear tip ever made. Single flange, dual, flange, triple flange, short nozzle, medium nozzle, long nozzle, narrow bore, wide bore, spiral dot, starline, ear horns, Flares, comply, Azla, spinfit, hybrid, Symbio, with a spacer ring, without a spacer ring, inverted, non-inverted... I have tried them all. And I even tried with two different non-stock versions of 2-pin cables, one with a sheath, and one without, and both without ear hooks. With a heavily modified, long stem dual flange, I can get a decent seal, but it only lasts for about 30 seconds, and only if I stay perfectly still. My daily drivers are Etymotic ER4-XR, and I can pop those into my ears, with virtually any size tip, and they work perfectly every time. I love the timbre of these BLONs though, and really wish I could get them to fit even remotely decently.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #5,189 of 6,129
I have boxes of pretty much every size and shape ear tip ever made. Single flange, dual, flange, triple flange, short nozzle, medium nozzle, long nozzle, narrow bore, wide bore, spiral dot, starline, ear horns, Flares, comply, Azla, spinfit, hybrid, Symbio, with a spacer ring, without a spacer ring, inverted, non-inverted... I have tried them all. And I even tried with two different non-stock versions of 2-pin cables, one with a sheath, and one without, and both without ear hooks. With a heavily modified, long stem dual flange, I can get a decent seal, but it only lasts for about 30 seconds, and only if I stay perfectly still. My daily drivers are Etymotic ER4-XR, and I can pop those into my ears, with virtually any size tip, and they work perfectly every time. I love the timbre of these BLONs though, and really wish I could get them to fit even remotely decently.
What about using them straight down instead of over the ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back