Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 23, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #4,457 of 6,129
The Blon Bl-01 is bass-weak ? You are the first who say that

You misunderstand. I don't mean its weak at all or lacks quantity or volume. I mean i find it doesn't have the same aggressiveness and impact that the loser bass of the BL-03 does.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #4,459 of 6,129
Guess I'd share my 0.02$ of Blon-01 which I've had since yesterday morning.

I'm listening to them right now, and I've had Blon 03 since it came out, and can definetely say that it remains the main characteristics of BL-03's sound signature but with a faster and tighter bass response. Upper midrange and treble feels a bit improved (in a positive more cohesive way) and i found the overall sound better and more balanced and mature than BL-03, but as it happens with BL-03, you'll have to experiment and try with different sets of tips to get the most of them. Spinfit CP-100's and CP-145's along with inverted KZ starlines are the ones for me that sound best. As far as cable goes, I'm running them with a balanced Kbear Ryhme cable.

BL-01 is for sure an upgrade to BL-03 (especially in quality of the bass) . They have retained the warm liquid sound signature, but without the muddy slow bass) . As it's even cheaper than BL-03 , it's a WIN and I expect it's gonna sell better than BL-03 and will probably become the new king of budget chi-fi audio.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #4,461 of 6,129
They aren't that good at least at the current state. I haven't had time to do some burn-in thou. The best part about them is the mid, good for listening to something like the cello. The bass is tight but I definitely hear some mid-bass bleeds which means lower end congestion. The top end is the really so-so part about the bl01. They are not that resolving and still exhibit sibilance at times. As i said in my earlier post, the bass and the treble are behind the mid which can sound quite strange for live recordings making the imaging rather mediocre (and really weird) despite the large soundstage. I definitely would take the KZ EDX over the Bl01 this time. You may hear them differently, who knows.

Edit: After some critical listening, I find the instrument separation to be also very very average at best ... I already find the Bl01 a bit overpriced. Large soundstage with the worst imaging I have ever heard, average instrument separation, rather poor treble detail, they are definitely not keepers for me.
Well, I don't know if you received the same BL-01 as me, but I have both KZ EDX and BL-01 and from my point of view, my conclusions are the opposite as yours.

Of course than the top end of BL-01 is less than KZ EDX, but the main problem with EDX is that it has a noticeable SHARP upper mids and treble peaks that makes it unconfortable to listen at moderate to high volume. Otherwise, BL-01 is smoother and much more pleasant to hear, without any peaks nor harshness.

Speaking about BL-01 being overpriced... for me it's completely the opposite... they have improved it upon the BL-03 and it's even cheaper. BL-01's bass is just a tiny bit less than BL-03, but it's of higher quality: faster and tighter, more controlled, and upper mids and treble are more refined, less edgy than BL-03. Soundstage is roughly the same or maybe a bit more than BL-03.

I suggest you try changing the cable on BL-01 and experimenting with different sets of tips, because I'm pretty sure that for most people with audio knowledge and experience, BL-01 will sound more polite,coherent and more refined than KZ EDX.

Don't take it personally, just giving my personal opinion, I was suprised you preferred KZ EDX over BL-01. Cheers!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #4,462 of 6,129
Gotta say i'm finding the fit more and more uncomfortable. They're so heavy that rotate down cause discomfort on my outer main part of the ear when i use them with foam tips to counteract the discomfort they cause when i use them with normal tips :/

I actually find the BL-03 more comfortable when i use them with foam tips which is the only way i've found them usable for me.

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,463 of 6,129
Gotta say i'm finding the fit more and more uncomfortable. They're so heavy that rotate down cause discomfort on my outer main part of the ear when i use them with foam tips to counteract the discomfort they cause when i use them with normal tips :/

I actually find the BL-03 more comfortable when i use them with foam tips which is the only way i've found them usable for me.
I also find BL-01 bigger, heavier and having a less natural fit than BL-03

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #4,464 of 6,129

I also find BL-01 bigger, heavier and having a less natural fit than BL-03

DOH!!!! 🤦‍♂️

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #4,467 of 6,129
Well, I don't know if you received the same BL-01 as me, but I have both KZ EDX and BL-01 and from my point of view, my conclusions are the opposite as yours.

Of course than the top end of BL-01 is less than KZ EDX, but the main problem with EDX is that it has a noticeable SHARP upper mids and treble peaks that makes it unconfortable to listen at moderate to high volume. Otherwise, BL-01 is smoother and much more pleasant to hear, without any peaks nor harshness.

Speaking about BL-01 being overpriced... for me it's completely the opposite... they have improved it upon the BL-03 and it's even cheaper. BL-01's bass is just a tiny bit less than BL-03, but it's of higher quality: faster and tighter, more controlled, and upper mids and treble are more refined, less edgy than BL-03. Soundstage is roughly the same or maybe a bit more than BL-03.

I suggest you try changing the cable on BL-01 and experimenting with different sets of tips, because I'm pretty sure that for most people with audio knowledge and experience, BL-01 will sound more polite,coherent and more refined than KZ EDX.

Don't take it personally, just giving my personal opinion, I was suprised you preferred KZ EDX over BL-01. Cheers!

Thanks for the response and I have been waiting for others' reviews. I never use the stock cable to do the sound test (the stock cable is fine thou). And I tried seversl tips and settled with Sony's. I think our BL01 and EDX are all non-faulty according to your description it is just difference preferences we have. I totally agree the BL-01 is smoother however lacks a lot of details at the top end. I compared with my Tin T4 to confirm this while the T4 was still quite smooth. The imaging and stage you didn't mention however, are really the worst I have heard in 2020. Having a large stage isn't necessarily good IMO casue it can make the sound image blurry. Listening to live recordings with the BL01 is like sitting in a hall with very poor acoustic that the speakers are misplaced. You hear the bass from really far almost like from another room, the vocals recessed and the highs are like above your head.

I actually suggest you tip rolling for your EDX as I hear no sharp peaks (however the sound is still a bit dry and I am using JVC spiral dot). The EDX is not perfect and shouldn't be expected to be for its price as well as for the Bl01. However the poor top end detail and the super odd imaging are really not for me.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #4,468 of 6,129
today i finally tried meshless, and boy it's better, things get to flow freely, and luckily i have dry ears so wont accumulate gunk anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back