Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jun 25, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #3,496 of 6,129
I imagine the BL-03 to be a great giveaway/gift to the right friend who may appreciate them. Sort've like how KZ's were/are, if you amassed more than a few of them like I did and like many others here. The BL-03 would be a hell of a gateway drug into this hobby....
I've given a pair of BL-03s as a gift and the packaging was the best part.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #3,497 of 6,129
It has been couple of months since I bought Bl3. It is my first and only IEMs so far and love it, enjoying very much.
Now I've decided to add another pair of IEM to my modest collection :p and since Blons settled my perception of the sound in a way, I would very much enjoy of having just as good and decent IEMs as this one, preferably in the same price range.
Any suggestions?
What would be the best choice for psychedelic trance for instance.

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #3,500 of 6,129
NF Audio NA2 is clear upgrade from BL-03

How does NF Audio NA2 compare to other $50 - 100 single DD sets u have tried eg KBEAR Diamond?

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #3,502 of 6,129
How does NF Audio NA2 compare to other $50 - 100 single DD sets u have tried eg KBEAR Diamond?

Technically NA2 is still better than KBear Diamond I feel. Driver is faster on NA2 resulting better imaging and bass definition.
Better tuning on NA2 as well resulting more convincing timbre although diamond is no slouch here. Bigger soundstage and better dynamics as well.
For the genres I listen to, I consider NA2 upgrade over KBEAR diamond.

One thing to note though, if you value the build quality, Diamond is better. Also stock cable is much better on Diamond.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #3,505 of 6,129
It has been couple of months since I bought Bl3. It is my first and only IEMs so far and love it, enjoying very much.
Now I've decided to add another pair of IEM to my modest collection :p and since Blons settled my perception of the sound in a way, I would very much enjoy of having just as good and decent IEMs as this one, preferably in the same price range.
Any suggestions?
What would be the best choice for psychedelic trance for instance.
Psy trance love and I would say stick with bl-03.

Currently listening "electric universe" on my okkio oh1 but the blon sound better.

I have others that do ok in the genre, but love the blons the best.

Consider upgrading your blon with a Ibassio DC01 and a balanced 2.5 cable and spinfits. Now your in the club!
IMG_20200102_172846.jpg

Also own Senheisser ei80s, beasts in bass driven music, but other frequency are blurred by the bass and they Are expensive. So I prefer the bl-03

If you want to try a other cheaper end with lots of bass try the trn-v90 but be warned they are a lot sharper in the highs conpaired to the blon

Personally I own a couple of dac/amps and the dco1 is not the best!

But i listen a lot of spy trance (mostly Astrix and infected mushroom)

My go to for that is dc01 dac amp with a cema 2.5 balanced cable and the bl-03 iems and spinfit tips (they are More boomy for my ears combined with the bl-03 and I like that). This because it feels the most alive with this combo. Really focused on the bass.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #3,507 of 6,129
Have others had this problem? I bought the Blon Bl05 on April 22 and an upgrade cable for the Bl05 on May 1. Both purchased from the same vendor on Aliexpress. Both appear to have been shipped, but the Bl05's have been stuck at the Airline in China since May 29 and the cable has been stuck in Chicago (on the way to Texas) since June 16. I recognize that COVID has slowed shipments, but this seems a bit excessive. No more shopping on Aliexpress for me. Not worth the frustration for the wait.. and to beat all, vendor has extended the "payback protection" by another month, so I have to wait longer than usual to ask for refunds...

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,508 of 6,129
Have others had this problem? I bought the Blon Bl05 on April 22 and an upgrade cable for the Bl05 on May 1. Both purchased from the same vendor on Aliexpress. Both appear to have been shipped, but the Bl05's have been stuck at the Airline in China since May 29 and the cable has been stuck in Chicago (on the way to Texas) since June 16. I recognize that COVID has slowed shipments, but this seems a bit excessive. No more shopping on Aliexpress for me. Not worth the frustration for the wait.. and to beat all, vendor has extended the "payback protection" by another month, so I have to wait longer than usual to ask for refunds...

Well sounds bad, did a lot of orders in covid time my self. I live in the Netherlands. Most orders came with a week or 2 delay. Only one order hasn't arrived at all atm.

But keep in mind that global shipping with boats is at a all time low and is having issieus with crew as international law only let crew operate for a certain amount of time on a ship. But switching crew is really hard due to covid 19 regulations. Might wel be that your stuff is somewhere in the globe in a cargo bay of a ship waiting for clearance and a crew to come to you.

My blon-05 arrived in about 50 days a week ago.

Jun 27, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #3,509 of 6,129

Yes, it’s absolutely delays due to COVID. I’m still waiting on stuff ordered in February and March.

Not much you can do about it, except continue to be patient and remember that it’s not the sellers fault but rather the fault of an unprecedented global pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back