Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 15, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #2,206 of 6,129
IMHO i don't think so. Firstly the tehnicalities on the BLON are weak. And secondly it is harmanish tuned with a midbass bump. Ideally we would want something neutral so as not to colour the music when doing music production.
thanks for the reply man.. i'm just starting to go back to music production again after a couple of years being busy with work.. so i haven't gotten to test anything yet.. the blon bl-03 seems to sound very good when plugged into a computer and iphone (using dongle)...

so in your opinion the gold standard for music production are still er4s and im guessing se425? what about sennheiser ie800 and k3003 - since these 2 have more warmth than the er4s and se425..

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #2,207 of 6,129
not to mean to hijack the thread.. but after knowing how good these chi-fi's are.. what would you recommend i should get as a good chinese chi-fi cheaper option iems that are capable of music production? I have heard tin hi fi t3 is very good? i am trying to stay away from branded stuff now since they are very expensive.. or maybe even any of the kz's?

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #2,208 of 6,129
thanks for the reply man.. i'm just starting to go back to music production again after a couple of years being busy with work.. so i haven't gotten to test anything yet.. the blon bl-03 seems to sound very good when plugged into a computer and iphone (using dongle)...

so in your opinion the gold standard for music production are still er4s and im guessing se425? what about sennheiser ie800 and k3003 - since these 2 have more warmth than the er4s and se425..

Yeah a lot of my friends still use the ER4S for audio production work.

Personally i use cans for audio work due to their bigger soundstage than conventional IEMs. I use the audiotechnica M40X for this purpose as it is quite neutral too.

We can take this offline for further discussion so as not to hijack the BLON thread, but yeah the BLONs are killer value that really changed the landscape of price to performance ratio but a good mixing/studio set they are not.

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #2,209 of 6,129
Flip Tips or AZLA Sedna Earfit Light are my favorite for the Blons.

Since Sedna Earfit Light is often recommended. Has anyone tried adding foam to it?

Since there are a lot of mentions of the SendaEarfits on this thread, I thought I would draw your attention to my offer on the Best Tips thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-46#post-15418853). I will be ordering some of these from Japan and have offered a sort of "mini group buy". If you want to just try a pair or two and don't want to pay the full cost of shipping from Japan, we can spread out the cost $5 to $6 probably per pair, including the additional cost of my sending it to you once it arrives. PM me if you are interested and are in the United States.

Yes, @Ocelitgol, I do plan to try adding foam to the SendaEarfit Light once I get them. I am excited to try. I imagine it being like a deeper-insertion version of the MandarinEe Symbio tips.

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #2,210 of 6,129
Since there are a lot of mentions of the SendaEarfits on this thread, I thought I would draw your attention to my offer on the Best Tips thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-46#post-15418853). I will be ordering some of these from Japan and have offered a sort of "mini group buy". If you want to just try a pair or two and don't want to pay the full cost of shipping from Japan, we can spread out the cost $5 to $6 probably per pair, including the additional cost of my sending it to you once it arrives. PM me if you are interested and are in the United States.

Yes, @Ocelitgol, I do plan to try adding foam to the SendaEarfit Light once I get them. I am excited to try. I imagine it being like a deeper-insertion version of the MandarinEe Symbio tips.
I saw your post.
That is exactly my goal, deep fit with wide bore and symbio-like form. Too bad my Sedna came tonight. I will update with pictures of the mod :)

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #2,211 of 6,129
Flipped KZ tips have definitely ended my struggle with BL-03 fit, while making them sound damn good.
Kudos to @Slater for his brilliant idea!

Yes, my current favorite set-up for the BL-03, as I've mentioned before. I plan to try adding earplug foam to them next :ksc75smile:

I wonder if the same mod apply to other generic tips as well.

Edit. Lol. Just made a few. Quite easy but I also destroy 2 tips though..

Check out the Flip Tips thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/ I discovered that Somy MH755 tips will also work. I may try on some other generic tips too, but not going to risk it on tips costing $5 USD or more per pair!

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #2,213 of 6,129
anyway KB-EAR diamond is like $70 on Amazon. I think Blon is still a better value.

Having both of these IEMs, i would say even though the BLON appears to better value at sub $30, don't forget the BLON's stock tips +/- cables usually need aftermarket replacements (unless u are one of the blessed few that have no issues with both of them stock). So getting aftermarket tips/cables usually will elevate the BLON closer to the $50 mark.

The Diamond has better timbre/tonality and technicalities than the BLON and its stock tips/cables are good to go OOTB. Maybe the only area the BLON wins over the Diamond is in terms of soundstage width. I would say the Diamond is a more refined BLON especially if u want better technicalities and improved bass speed/accuracy. Is the Diamond worth the $20ish price increase for these refinements (assuming aftermarket tips/cables on the BLON)? That's up to the user to decide, but the BLON by itself is no slouch and is quite value for money compared to my more expensive western Sennheiser IE80S.

Let us know your impressions once u get the BLON! The Diamond is a natural upgrade path from it, but i'm sure lots of folks can be happy with the BLONs as an end game set.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #2,214 of 6,129
This will sound rough, but for me the way these are designed, in terms of fit is a bad joke.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #2,215 of 6,129
IMHO i don't think so. Firstly the tehnicalities on the BLON are weak. And secondly it is harmanish tuned with a midbass bump. Ideally we would want something neutral so as not to colour the music when doing music production.

Yeah no freakin way. The blon is a lot of things but it is not a reference monitor.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #2,216 of 6,129

As promised
20200116_000913.jpg

Yeah...they really do fit better than Symbio. I feel more comfortable. Those are Sedna Light MS, one pair used Symbio S foam, the other pair used Comply S foam

I've always felt the Symbio and other narrower bore tips increase the bass too much for me. These Sedna Light hit the spot nicely

I have M size and MS size, extra pairs for both. Wanna buy them from me? :)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,217 of 6,129
As promised

Yeah...they really do fit better than Symbio. I feel more comfortable. Those are Sedna Light MS, one pair used Symbio S foam, the other pair used Comply S foam

I've always felt the Symbio and other narrower bore tips increase the bass too much for me. These Sedna Light hit the spot nicely

I have M size and MS size, extra pairs for both. Wanna buy them from me? :)

Nice work! How does the fit and comfort differ from Symbios? Is it softer or firmer? Does it fit deeper?

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #2,218 of 6,129
Nice work! How does the fit and comfort differ from Symbios? Is it softer or firmer? Does it fit deeper?
I feel like the silicon of Symbio is softer, but for Blon, Sedna definitely fit a lot better. It feels like floating for me with the MS size w/ Symbio S foam inside, the re-bounce from the foam is small enough to not cause any excess pressure. You can use Symbio M foam as well, but for me, Symbio S foam is enough for seal.

When I used Symbio, even with the O-ring mod, it still feel like the tips were just sitting near outside of the ear canal. Not such problem with Sedna. YMMV as always :)

P/s: Phil Collins' Another Day in Paradise sounds ridiculous now. Holy...(possibly placebo, but idc, sounds damn fine for $50 set)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #2,220 of 6,129
Having both of these IEMs, i would say even though the BLON appears to better value at sub $30, don't forget the BLON's stock tips +/- cables usually need aftermarket replacements (unless u are one of the blessed few that have no issues with both of them stock). So getting aftermarket tips/cables usually will elevate the BLON closer to the $50 mark.

The Diamond has better timbre/tonality and technicalities than the BLON and its stock tips/cables are good to go OOTB. Maybe the only area the BLON wins over the Diamond is in terms of soundstage width. I would say the Diamond is a more refined BLON especially if u want better technicalities and improved bass speed/accuracy. Is the Diamond worth the $20ish price increase for these refinements (assuming aftermarket tips/cables on the BLON)? That's up to the user to decide, but the BLON by itself is no slouch and is quite value for money compared to my more expensive western Sennheiser IE80S.

Let us know your impressions once u get the BLON! The Diamond is a natural upgrade path from it, but i'm sure lots of folks can be happy with the BLONs as an end game set.

Probably in the future if I can afford Diamond. Right now, I am satisfied with my TRN BA5 and my Blon is on the way which I'm pretty sure I would love. The only gripe I had with Blon is that people claim that a sub $10 IEM called VK4 sounds just as good but meh I have already bought Blons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back