Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Mar 23, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #5,401 of 6,129
I was recently using my blon bl-01 and took them out of my ears for a moment. Once i put them back i noticed a severe channel imbalance on left side. It is sounding significantly weak. I don't know what happened. I was just using them and this happened so suddenly. I tried different sources and even tested another cable. But the left side is still sounding significantly weaker. It's impossible to enjoy them in this condition. Is there any way to fix this ? anyone else faced this issue with their blon's ?
Update: Well this is pretty weird. After leaving it unused for an hour. I tried listening to it again and now the channel imbalance is completely gone and it sounds back to normal. Can someone tell what just happened to my blon's lol ?

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #5,402 of 6,129
Well this is pretty weird. After leaving it unused for an hour. I tried listening to it again and now the channel imbalance is completely gone and it sounds back to normal. Can someone tell what just happened to my blon's lol ?

Possibly a moisture build up in the nozzle mesh.

It is a common problem in some IEMs like the LZ A6, TRN BA5, where humidity or long listening sessions cause moisture to clog up the mesh and sound cuts out. Once it is dried, the sound returns.

Try using it for shorter sessions or in less humid places. Or u can consider using a different nozzle mesh, but this might change the sound signature for certain types of meshes.

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #5,403 of 6,129
Possibly a moisture build up in the nozzle mesh.

It is a common problem in some IEMs like the LZ A6, TRN BA5, where humidity or long listening sessions cause moisture to clog up the mesh and sound cuts out. Once it is dried, the sound returns.

Try using it for shorter sessions or in less humid places. Or u can consider using a different nozzle mesh, but this might change the sound signature for certain types of meshes.
Wow, I guess you're right and that does make alot of sense because today it has been raining heavily and i just checked the weather report and humidity is 94% here today.

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #5,404 of 6,129
Wow, I guess you're right and that does make alot of sense because today it has been raining heavily and i just checked the weather report and humidity is 94% here today.

A few friends of mine who had this moisture issue with the TRN BA5, they keep it in a closed box with those silica gel stuff, or inside a box of rice. Worth a try too, but perhaps see if u can return the unit if it is under warranty?

Mar 23, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #5,405 of 6,129
A few friends of mine who had this moisture issue with the TRN BA5, they keep it in a closed box with those silica gel stuff, or inside a box of rice. Worth a try too, but perhaps see if u can return the unit if it is under warranty?
Haha yeah, I store my Nf audio Nm2+ in a box with silica gel. I'm so gald the blon's came back to normal. It's hard to live without them and i will definitely order a backup pair in near future. I use these as my daily drivers for background listening when i'm doing work and also i prefer to watch youtube, movies, podcasts or talk shows on these. The vocals are just amazing on this iem and i use these way more than my Nf audio Nm2+

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #5,406 of 6,129
My blon blo03 have an approx 5 % sound imbalance, I can fix it with Poweramp, but I'm too stupid to notice most of the time. Still a cracking pair of headphones. But I still prefer the new bl01. Can't put my finger on why.

I'm intrigued what the new models will sound like.

Mar 26, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #5,407 of 6,129
Mar 26, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #5,408 of 6,129
Mar 26, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #5,409 of 6,129
That sounds painful.

Anyways, if I'm not wrong, this is the first time BLON is using a BA inside this hybrid right? Usually they specialize in single DD types.
Actually, this isnt their first hybrid. The got the S1 with a DD + BA setup.

1616766100396.png

Although it could be their first one with a micro DD.

Mar 26, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #5,410 of 6,129
Actually, this isnt their first hybrid. The got the S1 with a DD + BA setup.

Although it could be their first one with a micro DD.
Haven't ever been overly impressed with micro DD sets if I'm honest

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #5,411 of 6,129
Haven't ever been overly impressed with micro SD sets if I'm honest
I havent tried enough of them to generalize them so not sure. But I definitely wont buy this before reviews...already got burned with the 05 and the 01.

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #5,414 of 6,129
That sounds painful.

Anyways, if I'm not wrong, this is the first time BLON is using a BA inside this hybrid right? Usually they specialize in single DD types.

i don't think it would go as deep as Etys, even if we put tri-flanges on it. and also based on the nozzle pic, i think it would sound just fine with regular eartips.

all still just speculation, but i do indeed interested to try this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back