Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #2,176 of 6,129
To me the graphs give the same idea of the same iem. I like em either way.

Just listens to the p1 and HE4xx and the x2hr.guess what got the blon's in again.

Trying out the E1da 9038s dac and the p1 sounds flat and dull with them. The blon's sound great on them, less bass compaired to the dc01 but all is more precise and the bl-03 sounds faster of that makes sense.

Layering seems to be improved by a little as well compaired to dc01.

Love the 9038s + bl-03 combo, but also like the club like bass with the dc01 + bl-03

IMG_20200109_130322.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #2,177 of 6,129
I'll throw my own measurement into the mix. It's a pretty bare-bones Dayton mic setup, but my ears are in agreement with my eyes for frequencies between 30 Hz and 7 kHz (res. peak is at about 8.8 kHz)
BL-03.png

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #2,178 of 6,129
Spent a few hours with the 03 yesterday, Tidal, MQA, Ztella, and now today with the Cardinal and the same setup.

I know a lot of people may miss that bass hump in the 03, but to me they're wonderfully complimentary iems. The soundstage and details and layering and super tight reference like bass of the Cardinal is a great counterpoint to the analogue 03.

Sure glad I have both.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #2,182 of 6,129
What the heck is this, I just bought the blons and it's on the way then next thing I see is that different variations of blons: silver or gunmental/new and old have different sounding? People claimed that the old silver, or silver in-general sound better. And I just bought the gunmetal since I like it better. Just what the heck..
If Blon is going to be this inconsistent then why is it so popular and praised? Shouldn't be something like this be looked down upon? I kinda regret buying Blons now if this is really true.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #2,183 of 6,129
What the heck is this, I just bought the blons and it's on the way then next thing I see is that different variations of blons: silver or gunmental/new and old have different sounding? People claimed that the old silver, or silver in-general sound better. And I just bought the gunmetal since I like it better. Just what the heck..
If Blon is going to be this inconsistent then why is it so popular and praised? Shouldn't be something like this be looked down upon? I kinda regret buying Blons now if this is really true.

It's been pretty well established by now that there are no consistent variations in between the colors of the BL03. However, there does seem to be some variation between individual units. One of the main factors that differentiates a cheap earphone from an expensive one is in fact the extent of the quality control.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #2,185 of 6,129
It's been pretty well established by now that there are no consistent variations in between the colors of the BL03. However, there does seem to be some variation between individual units. One of the main factors that differentiates a cheap earphone from an expensive one is in fact the extent of the quality control.

How many times should we repeat that it doesn't matter on what color of Blon that you buy, they all sound the same

I've edited the 2nd post in this thread (on the very first page) to reflect that the BLON has no difference in sound quality in colour (gunmetal/silver) for new readers who just joined us. If there are any changes, it is probably down to inconsistent unit variation.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #2,186 of 6,129
I've edited the 2nd post in this thread (on the very first page) to reflect that the BLON has no difference in sound quality in colour (gunmetal/silver) for new readers who just joined us. If there are any changes, it is probably down to inconsistent unit variation.
ok that's reassuring. Blon is my first hifi IEM and I didn't want to ruin it for me. $40 might be a change to some people but for a student like me in a poor country, that's expensive.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #2,187 of 6,129
ok that's reassuring. Blon is my first hifi IEM and I didn't want to ruin it for me. $40 might be a change to some people but for a student like me in a poor country, that's expensive.

K hope u enjoy it. It has my vote for sub $50 CHIFI of the year for 2019. Great timbre/tonality, though isolation and technicals are a bit lacking. It can compete with stuff in the $100 region, but probably not higher due to the poor technicals. Best suited for slower genres that incorporate lots of acoustic instruments like jazz, classical and acoustic/indie stuff.

One thing to note is the nozzle is short, so for most westerners, they'll need a spacer mod or longer tips like spinfits to get a proper fit. Cable is also plus-minus on fit, but most people have issues with the stock tips.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #2,188 of 6,129
Your location says United States, poor country?

Anyway, for thread topic I have different color blon's that are also of different batches (included box and pouch are different, i have posted pictures of both prior) and i cannot tell the difference in sound between the two.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #2,189 of 6,129
If you guys want a upgrade path from the BL-03, take a look at KB-EAR diamond.

It has even better timbre than Blon with such a natural tone coupled with good impactful bass that hits cleanly with faster attack/decay than BL-03.
For my personal taste, 3kHz raise to compensate pinna gain is near perfectly done with the diamond.
Imaging, dynamics, and layering all slightly better with the Diamond as well.

Only thing is male vocals doesn’t sound as dense as some of my other $200+ sets, but this sound signature also attributes to
very clean and clear overall sound suitable for acoustic, jazz, classical and electronic/house music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back