blew yuin pk3's, don't know how
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Enigmatic

Head-Fier
Well up until today I've been happy with the yuin pk3's I've had for 9 or so months, but I plugged them into my new iphone today and now it sounds like the bass is blown on both headphones. Which is weird because I tried them on friday with the iphone and they sounded great, and I haven't used them since then. Tried them on an ipod and same deal, blown bass. They sound like broken ibuds with better detail.
I was actually gonna try and retrofit the headphones onto the apple headset that came with the phone but now I guess that's pointless.

Does anyone have any ideas how both drivers would just blow like that?
they were just sitting in my pocket and on my shelf from the time I tested them to the time I used them again.
Unless my iphone killed them somehow.

Yuin doesn't repair do they?

Is there any other non in-ear buds that compare in price and sound quality?

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well up until today I've been happy with the yuin pk3's I've had for 9 or so months, but I plugged them into my new iphone today and now it sounds like the bass is blown on both headphones. Which is weird because I tried them on friday with the iphone and they sounded great, and I haven't used them since then. Tried them on an ipod and same deal, blown bass. They sound like broken ibuds with better detail.
I was actually gonna try and retrofit the headphones onto the apple headset that came with the phone but now I guess that's pointless.

Does anyone have any ideas how both drivers would just blow like that?
they were just sitting in my pocket and on my shelf from the time I tested them to the time I used them again.
Unless my iphone killed them somehow.

Yuin doesn't repair do they?

Is there any other non in-ear buds that compare in price and sound quality?

They carry a 1 year replacement guarantee. Same thing happened to my PK2s (only 1 side) and I got a replacement.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

how do I contact them? I tried to google their site but found some Taiwanese company that makes power strips.

Where did you buy them?

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

head-direct.com

email them and tell them what happened, that's where I got mine replaced.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 9
I hate it when headphones die out like that. such a bummer. my vibes went out and so I got it replaced under warranty. was extremely smooth. I didnt like the vibes much anyway so I gave the new fresh pair to my brother in law since he just graduated. he probably thinks I bought him some out of nowhere. I dont have that kind of money lol. good thing they sent the phones in a brand new package huh?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back