Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade
Jun 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 761

moriez

Headphoneus Supremus
To expand on 80s only, getting more people to join the fun of sharing and enjoying good music is the aim of this one.
Post your favourites from ANY decadeI'm talking all the way back to when recordings were first made possible up until.. yesterday?

Personal or collective classics, feel-goods 'n' feel-sads, music that causes some emotion or transports you back to a certain time or event. Artists, productions and performances that are just amazing. Whatever! As long as you think it's worth posting.
An accompanying note to your contributions with the ''why-what-how'' is very welcome although as we all know, music can speak for itself very well thank you. No obligations.

YouTube is the preferred source but anything goes to keep it as broad as possible. Even if there's no original clip available.
Do try minding the quality of your posts. Searching with HQ or HD added sometimes gets you better results.
And to slow down a horrible genre soup (as can be expected), limit your vids to a maximum of 2 or 3. Quality over quantity.

Enjoy
Go! 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 761
Now that is good stuff. About to go on 4th consecutive repeat here.
And cool you're being humble about the numbers of vids you've posted. This made me revise my first post stating quality first.

Cheers!

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 761
There are so many 60's and 70s era relevant musicians that set the bar quite high for decades to come. In the end I had to choose Zappa for this exquisite orchestral rendition of Black Napkins.

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 761

This might not be the most popular genre but it is one of my favorites! Hailed as a classic among the multitude of ambient records coming out every year. Originally released in 1993 this still continues to invoke a feeling of spirituality, mourning and melancholy that drifts and shifts throughout creating a haunting record. Here is the full album on YouTube for you to enjoy! I personally own one of the few original CD releases available. The artist sadly passed away and only released two full length albums in his short lived career. Try to give this one a listen even if "ambient" is normally not to your liking, preferably at night with your headphones on. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back