Black Schiit! (Or, our supplier's mistake is your, um, benefit?)
Nov 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86
Hey all,

For a while now, some of you have been asking for black finish on our Schiit. And I've always said, "Nope, sorry, gotta keep it simple, we can have only one finish."

That is, until our metal supplier sent us some black chassis by mistake. For whatever reason, they decided to black powder-coat the chassis, rather than anodize the aluminum. At first, I was like, "Argh! Now they'll have to be stripped and anodized again!" 

And then I got to thinking: these actually look pretty cool. What if we just sold them as a limited run of black products?

So, our supplier's mistake is your gain, if you've been looking for black. To be perfectly clear, though, these are *not* anodized. They are powder-coated. It's a really neat, finely textured black powder, but you will not see the aluminum grain.

Other catches? All we received were Valhalla, Lyr, and Bifrost. That's it. 

So, if you've been interested in black, now's the time. When these are gone, they're gone. I still don't want to double our SKUs (industry-speak for number of products) for the foreseeable future. 

They're up on the site now.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 86
Ohhhhhhh those are sexy... Mistake my foot, those are beautiful!! Love how the black finish looks with the tubes.

That mistake needs to be the normal

Thanks,

:evil:

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 86
Can your guys screw up and make some black Vali's also that would be great!! So tempted to just get the Valhalla now...

Thanks,

:evil:

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 86
How about some brown Schiit? 
tongue.gif

In all seriousness, I think that would look really cool. 

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 86
I'm seriously considering ordering a Bifrost. That limited edition black is absolutely stunning. Just don't think of keeping it Jason I'll feel special if my DAC is a limited edition!

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #14 of 86
I just like the pictures. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back