Black Sabbath Past Lives
Oct 1, 2002 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
I picked this up in the store last week. I'm not sure exactly what day it was released on.

This is, as I suspected it was, a remastering of the old Live At Last Sabbath album (the only live one featuring Ozzy and not on their regular label).

To put it mildly, this album was pretty poor quality when it was out under the title Live At Last. Sanctuary (the sub-label that publishes Iron Maiden's stuff) has apparently acquired the rights and gone through the trouble of remastering it and adding new tracks.

The results? Very nice. Especially nice for people who are absolutely starved for good Sabbath recordings. The track recording quality is somewhat inconsistent with some tracks really coming alive and some sounding like they maybe could have found a better version. I'd have not sacrificed any of them, though, and it's a nice collection over all.

I especially dig this version of "Hole In The Sky", presumably being played live for one of the very first times.

Just thought I'd let you guys know it was out if anyone cares. The extra priced version includes a guitar pick and a poster. Wee.

Oct 1, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I picked this up in the store last week. I'm not sure exactly what day it was released on.

This is, as I suspected it was, a remastering of the old Live At Last Sabbath album (the only live one featuring Ozzy and not on their regular label).

To put it mildly, this album was pretty poor quality when it was out under the title Live At Last. Sanctuary (the sub-label that publishes Iron Maiden's stuff) has apparently acquired the rights and gone through the trouble of remastering it and adding new tracks.

The results? Very nice. Especially nice for people who are absolutely starved for good Sabbath recordings. The track recording quality is somewhat inconsistent with some tracks really coming alive and some sounding like they maybe could have found a better version. I'd have not sacrificed any of them, though, and it's a nice collection over all.

I especially dig this version of "Hole In The Sky", presumably being played live for one of the very first times.

Just thought I'd let you guys know it was out if anyone cares. The extra priced version includes a guitar pick and a poster. Wee.

I will check that out considering Iommi is one of my favorite guitarists.

Oct 2, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I thought the version of "Megalomania" was pretty good, considering how different it sounded to the Sabotage version.

Oct 2, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 4
SWEET! Finally a cd to buy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back