Black Ray Samuels Tomahawk giveaway
Jan 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #77 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice cans!

the denons, silly...

Somehow I knew her greeting would get this response.
IMG_0205.jpg

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #78 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Era wants to thank all of you head-fiers for the ratings and kind comments thus far. Over half the entries have been filled. She is looking forward to having a contest to have you all pick her next two covers. Anyway, here she is showing her love for head-fi and holding the black Tomahawk being given away as the first prize:

IMG_0205-1.jpg

Hmm, I was going to says nice cans, but actually about the headphones. When audio equipement is around I don't notice anything but it, (given that it is good audio equipement). Anyway, which model are they exactly?

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #79 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I was going to says nice cans, but actually about the headphones. When audio equipement is around I don't notice anything but it, (given that it is good audio equipement). Anyway, which model are they exactly?

She is using Denon AH-D2000s, and wearing them backwards.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #80 of 140
I think she has a great voice. ....aaaand not to be the only guy with something to criticize (does this make me the Simon?), but despite her singing good songs with a good voice, I think she came across (in the linked songs) as singing someone else's songs rather than making them her own, like a really good choir singer rather than a performer. I'm not a singer to give technical notes, just a music-lover that appreciates a true and heartfelt performance. I really think she could shine if she were doing her own songs, or songs that were changed enough to make them hers so that she's singing in a way that she's saying something from herself.

I think doing covers is a great way for a band to get its feet under itself. In fact, I think it should practically be required. I think you are going about it the right way, but I think you can take it up a notch with something that you make yours. She seems like she might enjoy Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" album as an example of what I mean (esp. Over the Rainbow, and Fields of Gold).

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #81 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should have picked that up. My bad. They aren't plugged into anything either, but she put them on just to show her love for the head-fi community.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #83 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if 150 people have entered, but I have 5 starred and fav'ed both of them on my account, Acronov. I would have felt bad about submitting to your bribe, but fortunately they were deserving videos
smily_headphones1.gif

As stated in the rules, negative comments will still get an entry. Would never make an entry dependent on positive feedback. I just welcome and encourage it... i.e. bribe.

The giveaway is still open and thanks for the support.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #84 of 140
5-starred, commented, subscribed. Youtube name PMed.

Quote:

I would have felt bad about submitting to your bribe, but fortunately they were deserving videos

Ya, I was admittedly skeptical at first, but was actually impressed by the time I finished watching.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #85 of 140
NOTE:

I want to start another giveaway that will simply be about suggesting new covers for Era, so I'm going to end this giveaway at the earlier of 120 entries or midnight on Jan. 30.

All other terms remain the same.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #89 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest: bridge over troubled water

I'll be starting another thread for that contest after this one ends... and I'll be giving away Etymotic Er 4Ps. Thanks.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #90 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have picked that up. My bad. They aren't plugged into anything either, but she put them on just to show her love for the head-fi community.

Okay, the jig is up, I wasn't really looking at the Denons...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back