Black Ray Samuels Tomahawk giveaway
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #17 of 140
I left a 5-star rating. Nice voice.
normal_smile .gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #19 of 140
Indeed i find katies range a bit hard on the eardrums at times so much i usually turn off after a short while.

Era on the other hand is very pleasant, i could listen to her singing ballads all day i reckon.

Handle is huxley309

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 140
Thanks for the feedback so far head-fiers.

As a token of appreciation I'm adding a 2nd place prize. Not sure what it will be yet but most likely a few SACDs and/or Cobalt speaker or power cables. I'll let the winner know who he/she is and let them decide what interests them.

FYI. She's a head-fi'er too. She likes the Denon D2000s.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #24 of 140
Just my two cents but I'd lose the weird hat. It really takes away from the seriousness and credibility of an otherwise classy performance. Along the same lines, the writing on the back of the t-shirt is also an unnecessary distraction. If they have a performer or band name .... or a website where they can be booked .... that would be a good place to put it for recognition ... but otherwise I'd keep the focus on her and the singing.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #25 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just my two cents but I'd lose the weird hat if I were you. It really takes away from the seriousness and credibility of the performance. Along the same lines, the writing on the back of the t-shirt is also an unnecessary distraction. If you have a performer or band name .... or a website where you can be booked .... that would be a good place to put it for recognition ... but otherwise I'd keep the focus on her and the singing.

The focus should definitely be her singing because she is the talent. I had the same thoughts after I posted the How Deep Is Your Love video, which is why I went to the simple GT-R hat in Lost. The Optimus mask also made it almost impossible to play. I'm going to be off camera in all future videos. This is our first crack at making home videos, so we have some things to figure out, but I appreciate the comments.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #27 of 140
Quote:

The focus should definitely be her singing .... I'm going to be off camera in all future videos.

I don't think that would be necessary. The simple, elegant, clean background you've used works well with the two of you in it, and she stands out nicely against the blank area of the wall directly behind her. Without the pianist in the shot, it may have a karaoke feel to it, which isn't necessarily a good thing. As long as you're dressed neutral .... like in the second video, it looks very good. Again, just my two cents.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #28 of 140
Richard, I just messed up, man! I'm very sorry. I had never rated a YouTube video before (at least not to the best of my knowledge). So I just clicked in the general area where it says, Rating, thinking that would take me to the next screen (so that I could rate it). My mistake! It registered as a rating of 3 stars by mistake (for the Bee Gees song). Does anyone know if it is possible to change your rating? It really should have been a 5 star rating. She's got a ton of talent.

Edit: I think I may have fixed the problem by clicking on the 5th star. It seems to have accepted my rating, which I guess means my previous (unintended) rating has been overridden. I think, anyway.

I liked the next song even more. She seems more relaxed. At the same time, she puts a lot more vocal infection into the performance. You can really feel it coming from her heart. It was also nice to see her with her hair pulled back, wearing light colors, and showing more of her feminine side. She's a beautiful young lady with perfect skin and a really nice smile. Although these sorts of things shouldn't matter, they do. When tastefully done (of course), allowing the viewer to gain an appreciation for a woman's physical attractiveness adds a certain element of mystery to her already alluring voice. The reaction is on the lines of, "Wow! That girl can really sing, and she's gorgeous too."

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #29 of 140
Done.

Enjoyed the music, though it was unexpected ... both the content choice and the level of musicianship on both of your parts.

BTW:

I sub'd and will be checking more out ...

My youtube name is "s1rrah" and I've got a crap ton of original recordings of my own up ... my publishing pseudonym for the music is "The Gods of Victory." Check it out ...

Best.

s1rrah (aka g.0.v.)
MySpace.com - The Gods of Victory(tm)
YouTube - s1rrah's channel(tm)
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back