Black and White TV
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zan.Tiago

Head-Fier
Hi, folks!

Have you ever had the feeling of grey sound in your headphones. Music is there, sound is balanced but it doesn’t have color like sound in life. Is just sound. Not vivid. It feels like black and white TV. Don’t get me wrong there’s good detail and sound but it does have color.

I have a pair of LCD-X

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Sounds like a can with recessed mids and highs. A little dark. I agree with tubes. I have a pair of HiFiman HE-6. With solid state amp its a little lifeless. But with a tube amp it really shines, big difference.

Jan 19, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Most likely a lacklustre recording/ production to start off with. If the initial recording was badly engineered/ produced/ mastered, I don’t think anything much can fix it audio wise.

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 6
To me it sounds like a lack of that extra dimension. Perhaps you need
Most likely a lacklustre recording/ production to start off with. If the initial recording was badly engineered/ produced/ mastered, I don’t think anything much can fix it audio wise.
I believe the music I listen to needs a great quality gear to really appreciate it because is very clean so cheap gear just sound like grey haha it’s from Chesky records binaural recording in 24/192

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 6
There is a possibility that you may have expectations set too high since you have a headphone that costs over a $1000.

While I do love expensive gear, I also try to remind myself that it can’t do everything and knit picking because of the high price can actually be a distraction to enjoying the music.

Another possibility is that maybe you have the wrong headphone for your taste. Maybe it’s a possibility that you are actually a Sennheiser guy rather than Audeze. Everyone has different tastes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back