Bithead Amp--need some clarification
Jun 20, 2005 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

darkrider_64

New Head-Fier
I got my amp and hooked it up right away. I've noticed that the sound fades in and out thru out the track. I turned off the amp and let it just run thru the USB. I guess it might have something to do with "clipping". IF YOU CAN TELL ME HOW TO STOP THIS, YOU ROCK!!!! It is really a pain when the music volume level increases then decreases. It reminds me of the "road noise" knob on the stock GMC/Chevy radio.

Jun 21, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 9
If I turn the power supply on, it prevents the clipping. The red light doesn't come on when the power source is on. It seems to do it whether I use the power or not. I use Musicmatch jukebox mainly. Got any idea what is going on?

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 9
I have the volume all the way on Musicmatch and my main volume control for my computer. I talked to the guys @ headroom earlier today and he said that it could be a problem w/ my USB port. Have you ever heard of anything like that happening?? Is there any sort of cut-off or muting in the etys er6? I wouldn't think so, but I guess maybe its possible. They told me that the amp definetly doesn't have that feature.

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 9
I have been using my bithead with foobar and itunes without any problems. I also have a micro dac and was having problems using it with a pcmcia usb card on my laptop. Are you using a hub? If so is it powered by a wall wart? If you are using
a hub and it is not powered try and plug the bithead directly in to the usb socket. If these things do not work I would try another computer.

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 9
I am not using a hub, its running right out of my factory usb port. I tried on a friends computer, but it was only a few minutes. I don't have access to any other way to try it out. I had a creative NX2 soundcard, and it really seems that it worked better (maybe b/c it had an EQ w/ it). Are you happy with your amp, b/c I am a little disappointed with my situation right now. Thanks for all your help.

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 9
Sorry i could not figure it out for you. I love the micro dac to my SR-71. The bithead sounds good as well. I have used the micro dac on two computers and one Apple powerbook with no problems except a lot of static on the pcmcia
usb card I tried but it is running fine now (as I am listening to Neil Schon and Jan Hammer on it as I type). Try loading foobar2000 and playing with the asio4all
foobar plugin and driver or kernel streaming. This will allow you to bypass kmixer the windows kernel audio mixer. Maybe that is where you problem is.

Jun 22, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Just a though but perhaps try another USB terminal if you have one on the computer.

(Each of my differnet model Thinkpads have two, and one of them on each machine will not power anything but a mouse while the other will power almost anything.)

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back