Bit the bullet and purchased HD-595 for $170
Oct 12, 2005 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Did I get a good deal? $170 shipped

Found an auction for it on ebay, the seller has a good rep and the auction stated brand new factory sealed.

I dont know if its a refurb though. Auction doesnt state it,

did I make a mistake?

I heard the headphones have a more forward presentation, so I wanted a sound like Grados but not so shrill sounding.

I think I might use these as my portable cans.

Oct 13, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
did I make a mistake?

Only you'll be able to answer that once you get em!

I tend to agree with most people when they say let them burn in to sound as they should. This usually means 100+ hours before you can really make your decision. Also, by that time, hopefully you will have gotten used to the cans, and will be able to appreciate them for what they are.

Hope you like 'em!

Oct 13, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 11
The price seems about right. Compuplus is selling them for USD$159 + $14.95 shipping.

The only potential problem I can see is I'm not sure if Sennheiser will honour any warranty issues if you were to purchase it over eBay..

Oct 13, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Found an auction for it on ebay, the seller has a good rep and the auction stated brand new factory sealed.

did I make a mistake?

I heard the headphones have a more forward presentation, so I wanted a sound like Grados but not so shrill sounding.

You'll enjoy them. They do everything well. Nothing spectacular but are DAMN well rounded, even unamped.

Oct 13, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

did I make a mistake?

Where did you get them for that price? I've been looking on eBay for one and the best I saw was about $190 without shipping. Could you send me a link to the seller?

Oct 13, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #10 of 11
I just bought mine too. The've had 20 hours of burn-in as of yet and are starting to sound real nice. I'm very curious, how they'll sound in comparision to my HD 555s. I had only brief opportunity to compare them in a shop - curiosity won.

Oct 13, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

I don't think the HD595 sound anything close to the Grado sound. Definitely you won't get shrill sounds which is what turned me off from Grado (bought and returned SR225 to Todd).

If you're rocking to the Grado sound, it may take you a little time to appreciate the Sennheiser sound. I recall when I first got my HD595 (purchased from ebay as well), I was disappointed because compared to my SR60, the HD595 sounded soooo laid back. I was looking forward to a more dynamic, punchy, fun sound. But I kept coming back to the HD595 and now I'm totally Team Sennheiser. I love the smooth, velvety, refined sound of HD595. My SR60, in comparison, sounds too harsh.

I hope you fall in love with the HD595 and decide to do cable mods for them
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back