Bit disapointed with the D-EJ 955
Jun 9, 2002 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BpC

New Head-Fier
Well i've had this player for about a month and i suppose it's ok. First of all when i tried using my burnt cd's alot of them wouldn't work because it couldn't read cd text burnt by Nero and CDRWIN and well finally the batteries are going flattish, there is one more / till it's empty and the sound quality isn't all that great and i also had the AVLS on, actually the sound quality isn't that great when the batteries are full either, when i turn the music up to atleast 3/4 it distorts.

I should of just kept on using my Sharp MD - MS722 that shat all over the 955 but the only reason why i bought the 955 because it's convinient it takes 10 mins for me to burn a cd not 80 mins to copy in real time, and i want to copy atleast 60 album to take o/s with me.
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by BpC
the sound quality isn't that great when the batteries are full either

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or verify this if I'm right, but I believe that it shouldn't matter whether the battery is full or low, it should always sound the same.
Quote:

I should of just kept on using my Sharp MD - MS722 that shat all over the 955

Hahahahahhaa!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 8
this unit looks very similar to both the sony 1000 and the panasonic 790. I think anyone will tell you that most of sony and panasonic's newer stuff is just a pile of crap.
very_evil_smiley.gif

They try to limit the size and extend the batt life, so they end up going cheap on components and lower headphone output.

Quote:

I believe that it shouldn't matter whether the battery is full or low, it should always sound the same.

Correct ME if im wrong, but i think that does apply for nimh or nicad batts. I think it does not apply though for alkaline batts. nimh distribute their charge evenly over their discharging, while alkalines tend to fade to being dead.

Jun 9, 2002 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 8
I have the EJ-1000 and it sounds great. I never noticed any difference in sound when the batteries were fully charged or low. I also have a Panasonic 570 and the Sony sounds better. I must admit I have listened to the PCDp's with the Cosmic hooked up to them. So I wouldn't call all the Sony's "piles of crap"

Jun 10, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Lextex,
I am sure..that anything that hook up with a delicate headphone amp will sound good. But, I also agree that the new Sony Discmans...are crap. Hate the sound from the headphone jack....distort, thin, and .....crap. Sorry if I offend anyone, I based my experience on Sony D-Ej01, 925, and EJ-915. I compared these newer generation to my D-E900, D-555, D-777, and D-303.

Jun 10, 2002 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Hrmm well maybe it's just the ear phones are crap. I'll try my senns tonight. I wish there was a way to upgrade my Sharp MS722's firmware so it's supports LP2 and 4 and someone record albums faster then real time, software does control hardware and i don't think the internals on the next model is that much different appart from the exterior.

What's this earphone amp people are talking about?? is it bulky and take 10 batteries or? is there any links i can go to to see what it looks like and see how much they cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back