Bioshock Infinite, which version to get?
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:
Well it doesn't run as good as I expected on a GTX670. Stupid AMD optimized game...

For the most part it's 60 but it can drop as low as 30 at certain points where the lighting is intense(which is weird because it drops to exactly 30 and never below). Looks quite nice though.

See what did I tell you. 
wink.gif

As I can't see any specific game related content in work could someone tell me the difference of the packages for Bioshock. What do you actually get for the different versions. If it's all non-ingame crap I'll get the normal one. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #17 of 40

1. ART BOOK - This 64-page collectible mini-edition of The Art of BioShock Infinite provides a substantial look at the full version, published by Dark Horse Comics. This special-edition art book offers an exclusive peek at the development of the game's unique art style, and features a handdistressed linen cover, early designs, and concept art.
  2. DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - Digital Soundtrack: Downloadable soundtrack features music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions.
  3. Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:
  4. Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
  5. Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.
  6. Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage. Console Users: Xbox 360 players receive free Booker & Elizabeth avatar costumes, and PlayStation 3 players get BioShock Infinite themes.
  7. LITHOGRAPHIC PRINT - A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia, this heavy-stock lithograph print, an ad for the Devil's Kiss vigor, was designed by Jorge Lacera, concept artist at Irrational Games.
  8. HANDYMAN FIGURINE - Get ready to play the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game, BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia, created and published by Plaid Hat Games. With this exclusive, 25mm resin-cast Handyman figure, you'll have a head start.
  9. MURDER OF CROWS KEYCHAIN - This follow-up to the highly-demanded, full-size Murder of Crows replica bottle is an exclusive 3" keychain. It is fully 3-dimensional, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.

1. Calling on the true patriots of Columbia: For the devoted BioShock collector and fan, the limited Ultimate Songbird Edition features a bounty of high-end memorabilia:
  2. SONGBIRD STATUE - This highly detailed, hand painted, resin-cast 9.75" statue was designed in limited edition by Robb Waters, concept artist at Irrational Games. This statue, shipped in collectible packaging inspired by the world of Columbia, will look great on your shelf - in or out of the box.
  3. ART BOOK - This 64-page collectible mini-edition of The Art of BioShock Infinite provides a substantial look at the full version, published by Dark Horse Comics. This special-edition art book offers an exclusive peek at the development of the game's unique art style, and features a handdistressed linen cover, early designs, and concept art.
  4. DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - Digital Soundtrack: Downloadable soundtrack features music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions.
  5. Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:
  6. Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
  7. Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.
  8. Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage. Console Users: Xbox 360 players receive free Booker & Elizabeth avatar costumes, and PlayStation 3 players get BioShock Infinite themes.
  9. LITHOGRAPHIC PRINT - A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia, this heavy-stock lithograph print, an ad for the Devil's Kiss vigor, was designed by Jorge Lacera, concept artist at Irrational Games.
  10. HANDYMAN FIGURINE - Get ready to play the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game, BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia, created and published by Plaid Hat Games. With this exclusive, 25mm resin-cast Handyman figure, you'll have a head start.
  11. MURDER OF CROWS KEYCHAIN - This follow-up to the highly-demanded, full-size Murder of Crows replica bottle is an exclusive 3" keychain. It is fully 3-dimensional, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.

^Taken from gamestop.

And the performance issues are mostly related to it being AMD optimized, and there are fortunately some things you can do to make it a lot better. Haven't had a lot of time with the new tweaks but they do seem better, although every once and a while it would freeze for like a quarter second(might have to do with reducing the framerate smoothing so I'm not sure if that step is a good thing).

Some stuff to do to make it run better:
1.Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\Engine\Config and open up BaseEngine.ini
2.Change PoolSize to however many megabytes of vram your graphics card has(1 gigabyte = 1024 megabytes). It's at 140 by default...
3. Change the MinSmoothedFramerate at MaxSmoothedFramerate. I read on gamefaqs it should be about 59 for min and 61 for max if you have a 60Hz monitor but I'm not entirely sure of this step.

And for Nvidia card users:
Turn off ambient occlusion and vsync. Turn them on in the Nvidia control panel if you want them.
Also there's a new driver out.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

1. ART BOOK - This 64-page collectible mini-edition of The Art of BioShock Infinite provides a substantial look at the full version, published by Dark Horse Comics. This special-edition art book offers an exclusive peek at the development of the game's unique art style, and features a handdistressed linen cover, early designs, and concept art.
  2. DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - Digital Soundtrack: Downloadable soundtrack features music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions.
  3. Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:
  4. Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
  5. Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.
  6. Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage. Console Users: Xbox 360 players receive free Booker & Elizabeth avatar costumes, and PlayStation 3 players get BioShock Infinite themes.
  7. LITHOGRAPHIC PRINT - A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia, this heavy-stock lithograph print, an ad for the Devil's Kiss vigor, was designed by Jorge Lacera, concept artist at Irrational Games.
  8. HANDYMAN FIGURINE - Get ready to play the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game, BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia, created and published by Plaid Hat Games. With this exclusive, 25mm resin-cast Handyman figure, you'll have a head start.
  9. MURDER OF CROWS KEYCHAIN - This follow-up to the highly-demanded, full-size Murder of Crows replica bottle is an exclusive 3" keychain. It is fully 3-dimensional, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.

1. Calling on the true patriots of Columbia: For the devoted BioShock collector and fan, the limited Ultimate Songbird Edition features a bounty of high-end memorabilia:
  2. SONGBIRD STATUE - This highly detailed, hand painted, resin-cast 9.75" statue was designed in limited edition by Robb Waters, concept artist at Irrational Games. This statue, shipped in collectible packaging inspired by the world of Columbia, will look great on your shelf - in or out of the box.
  3. ART BOOK - This 64-page collectible mini-edition of The Art of BioShock Infinite provides a substantial look at the full version, published by Dark Horse Comics. This special-edition art book offers an exclusive peek at the development of the game's unique art style, and features a handdistressed linen cover, early designs, and concept art.
  4. DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - Digital Soundtrack: Downloadable soundtrack features music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions.
  5. Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:
  6. Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
  7. Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.
  8. Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage. Console Users: Xbox 360 players receive free Booker & Elizabeth avatar costumes, and PlayStation 3 players get BioShock Infinite themes.
  9. LITHOGRAPHIC PRINT - A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia, this heavy-stock lithograph print, an ad for the Devil's Kiss vigor, was designed by Jorge Lacera, concept artist at Irrational Games.
  10. HANDYMAN FIGURINE - Get ready to play the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game, BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia, created and published by Plaid Hat Games. With this exclusive, 25mm resin-cast Handyman figure, you'll have a head start.
  11. MURDER OF CROWS KEYCHAIN - This follow-up to the highly-demanded, full-size Murder of Crows replica bottle is an exclusive 3" keychain. It is fully 3-dimensional, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.

^Taken from gamestop.

And the performance issues are mostly related to it being AMD optimized, and there are fortunately some things you can do to make it a lot better. Haven't had a lot of time with the new tweaks but they do seem better, although every once and a while it would freeze for like a quarter second(might have to do with reducing the framerate smoothing so I'm not sure if that step is a good thing).

Some stuff to do to make it run better:
1.Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\Engine\Config and open up BaseEngine.ini
2.Change PoolSize to however many megabytes of vram your graphics card has(1 gigabyte = 1024 megabytes). It's at 140 by default...
3. Change the MinSmoothedFramerate at MaxSmoothedFramerate. I read on gamefaqs it should be about 59 for min and 61 for max if you have a 60Hz monitor but I'm not entirely sure of this step.

And for Nvidia card users:
Turn off ambient occlusion and vsync. Turn them on in the Nvidia control panel if you want them.
Also there's a new driver out.

Thanks for that, does anyone know if the ingame content available in the premium pack would/is available seperatly online as a DLC or something similar?

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #19 of 40
There's nothing available as DLC at the moment.

I'd imagine if they were to make it available to everyone else it would be a long time from now, and you'll be done with the game by then. It doesn't look like something I'd spend the extra money on anyways, since there's a chance you'll run across better gear items in game anyways(you can only equip 2 at a time). So if you don't want the art book, print, figurine and keychain I would pass on it.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:
There's nothing available as DLC at the moment.

I'd imagine if they were to make it available to everyone else it would be a long time from now, and you'll be done with the game by then. It doesn't look like something I'd spend the extra money on anyways, since there's a chance you'll run across better gear items in game anyways(you can only equip 2 at a time). So if you don't want the art book, print, figurine and keychain I would pass on it.

Pass it is then! Haha.

Thanks for the info I'll get the standard edition. On PC of course. 
wink.gif

Next question is there a multiplayer this time?

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:
Nope, no multiplayer. They decided to totally focus on single player.

Oh well can't get everything you wish for I suppose. 
beyersmile.png

Edit: Picked up the standard version last night and all I can say is WOW. Such a beautiful game and the music is really nice too. 
beyersmile.png

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #23 of 40
I've read the unreal engine is responsible for the framerate dips, particularly at the beginning/end of levels (separated by a load screen) due to how data is streamed on the fly. Or something. Also, use your card's vsync and not the in-game one.

I beat the game the first time on Hard (well I turned it to medium at the very last battle, just wanted to end it at that point), and trying to replay on 1999 mode. And it's not great. Enemies are bullet sponges and there's just not enough ammo, money, or even attack speed to take them on without running or being very very good at headshots. Which I'm not. Each death costs 100 bucks, and if you're out of money, you start at the last save.

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #24 of 40
Are you using your powers efficiently. It´s kind of crucial at points to make life easier. I play at hard and it does surprisingly offer a bit of challenge. But mostly it´s when you get non creative and stubborn and try the same solution over and over lol.

I am hearing stories of some speedrunning through it in 4h. Seems to be closer to 15 for me. Just played it a couple of days and still quite a bit to go.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #25 of 40
God I am so crappy... I had to turn down the difficulty for that ghost boss battle lol. I don´t know if she autoheal if you are not quick enough hurting her but I always ran out of ammo and med kits and no plasmids seemed effective.

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #26 of 40
I died against it a few times, then went and upgraded my handcannon on a whim. In combination with the sniper rifle and bucking bronco (crowd control for the zombies), it was actually quite the cakewalk. Just keep a distance and make sure you focus primarily on the ghost.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #27 of 40
For those who haven't seen the packaging for the ultimate edition:

smile.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 40
Aaah yes bucking Bronco I should have tested... I tried it later on on the zombies in the zeppelin and it felt like a cheat. I tried everything but that. Sniper rifle was the only one I upgraded. I was always short on cash and tried to put them on my plasmids instead.

Finished it now and seriously great. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #29 of 40
Halfway through the game in 1999 mode, and the sniper rifle is a mainstay. Getting up close is too dangerous in most cases, unless you have one of those OP melee/gear builds. Wish I hadn't wasted money upgrading the carbine early on, don't find it too useful at this point.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:
Halfway through the game in 1999 mode, and the sniper rifle is a mainstay. Getting up close is too dangerous in most cases, unless you have one of those OP melee/gear builds. Wish I hadn't wasted money upgrading the carbine early on, don't find it too useful at this point.

Carbine is quite decent to snipe with though and has more ammo? Thinking I should maybe go for that one next time as I had a bit of an ammo issue with my sniper and had to rely on shooting from the hip.  It´s a bit harder then usual to camp in this game particularly with the heavies. This bad guy with a ring on his stomach there was never any time to really make sure you hit him where it hurts and also the metal angels never showed me their backside so rpg was just about always as efficient even though I never upgraded that cheater weapon :) 

In Bioshock Melee was an option but yes seldom feels like it´s a good idea in Infinite even with the right clothing. That plasmid that let you tackle opponents did hurt me more then them in the end it felt like lol. Maybe if you could follow up being able to lift heavys when in real close range or pull them with the octo***** power or something it could be a decent tactic. But just simpler just closing in normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back