Binaural Clips
Dec 13, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 13
Holy crap there awesome.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know actual music that is recorded binarualy? Not just random clips etc?

I remember someone posting some Amazon links to actual CDs that were binaural, but I don't remember what they were. If you search it on Amazon, some stuff comes up, but not too much.

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 13
nice linkage, some heard some not
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 13
Heard all of them several times before. They are impressive!

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

^^ is that just the album name, or are tracks actually recorded using binaural recording?

From wikipedia

"For this album Pearl Jam brought in producer Tchad Blake, known for his use of binaural recording. The album's title is a reference to the binaural recording techniques that were utilized on several tracks. These tracks can usually be identified by a warm sound to the music, such as the acoustic "Of the Girl" as well as an asterisk next to the name on the track list. Binaural was the first album since the band's debut that was not produced by Brendan O'Brien, although O'Brien was called in later to remix several tracks."

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 13
So, on matchstick, there is a section where the matchbook shakes in a complete circle around you a few times. I'm noticing that when the matchbook is behind me, it sounds a few feet back, but when it's in front of me it's a few inches from my face. How does everyone else hear this?

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #13 of 13
I wish that there would be skits and scenes done by actors to put you in movie like situations. I was searching for these and besides the usual women whispers and barbershop stuff and I couldn't find any.... until now.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Axe-Virtual-Hair-Action/1950185

Although they are ads for axe hair products, they are rather well done. Of course they are aimed towards men but this is the type of binaural audio scenes I'm hoping might come out in thru future. I found another that was a Halloween horror scene

It would be great if a small movie was shot like this since a lot of people watch them on their phones with headphones on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back