Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jun 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #61 of 678

Quote:

The police investigations unit for the city he lives in is a good start.  Also, the FBI Internet crime unit is also another great place to file a complaint.  Finally, since I'm assuming the USPS was utilized for shipping your goods to him, the USPS investigators might be quite interested in the details, too ... and, pinning him down.  Keep in mind, it wasn't all the crime that the mob did that brought them down, but it was usually something petty like using the post office that got them into big trouble.

wje is right, mail fraud is taken VERY seriously by the USPS, maybe not a small time scammer, but from the looks of it, he's stolen at least $1000 worth of stuff

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #63 of 678
I find this extremely disappointing, Bill was looked up to by the community, his posts were always insightful and showed lots of ingenuity. It seems like a lot of length to go to to scam people, but if this is the case it is a large loss.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #64 of 678
I am surprised and disappointed. I thought Bilavideo was one of the good ones. As for the posting of his phone numbers, I believe we all reap what we sow.

We can talk about sowing and reaping when you're cheated out of $280 and are trying to get it back.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #65 of 678
Guys before you call the Cops try to send him a certified letter explaining what you are about to do. He may respond or his wife might. If he dont then well I guess you have no choice .  Shame for a measley small amount of money he may have went bad. When Michail went bad he went bad big time. Gremania the same. Thats why if you use paypal and it not a gft you have 45 days to file claims. I would try with your credit card companies also. Give him one last opportunity to be stand  up and if he dont well then shame on him.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #66 of 678

Quote:
Guys before you call the Cops try to send him a certified letter explaining what you are about to do. He may respond or his wife might. If he dont then well I guess you have no choice .  Shame for a measley small amount of money he may have went bad. When Michail went bad he went bad big time. Gremania the same. Thats why if you use paypal and it not a gft you have 45 days to file claims. I would try with your credit card companies also. Give him one last opportunity to be stand  up and if he dont well then shame on him.

we're not dealing with a small amount here, bila just divided the cost among many members versus one pricey ass amp or phone 

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #68 of 678
Oh wow, I forgot about my pads (HD414) and laser cut screens, that brings the total I'm out up to 205 dollars. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever been ripped off for anything like this and it's over 200 bucks, right to bilavideo's pockets. Major bummer for real.

Being new to these forums, it really gives me such a bad impression. If I don't get those cans back, I also have a DHC cable with ViaBlue plug that I made for my Grados (after I sent them to Bill), that's about another $60 all together for materials and a pair of G-Cush pads that I got used for $30. Marty (mlantinen) also made me a pair of amazingly beautiful gimbals/rods/rodblocks that were going to be ~$125 that came up at a really bad time (I was the victim of a hit and run) that he sent me out of the kindness of his heart because he, unlike Bill, is an amazing woodworker/modder and totally dependable.

So if you count the cable, that's $295 I have into these headphones that I probably won't see again and over $400 with Marty's pieces. All towards a pair of cans I haven't held since early April. Yeah, it's my fault to trust him and to invest in the cans without having them in hand again, but I just really didn't think that Bill would do something like that. If Bill really has dropped off the face of the Earth, I have too much into these headphones just to give up so I'd have to save up, buy new Grados and start all over again.

It really does suck because at first he was such a nice, helpful guy with what seemed like a lot of dedication to this. At this point I don't even know what to do. I wish Bill's phone number was still up because I am out too much money at this point to not call him. Whoever posted his number, if you'd like to PM it to me, that would be great. I can promise I won't harass the guy...I just want to know what is going on...I don't want to think of the guy as a liar and thief, but so far he has done literally nothing to convince me otherwise.

Anyone who is reading this and wondering where they should now get their wooden Grado cups, look no further than mlantinen. Marty is a true, skilled craftsman, has affordable prices, is the nicest guy in the world and his work quality is just immense, truly. The gimbal/rod/rodblock pieces that he sent me are of the highest workmanship. He has my full recommendation and I think anyone else who has anything he has crafted, or has even talked to him can tell you the same thing.

Sorry for the TL;DR complainathon, it's just seriously such a lame thing for someone to do. Bill is probably over twice my age and he doesn't seem to have a quarter of the respect or decency that I'd like to think I have.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #70 of 678
Quote:Originally Posted by mihirwadia 

"We can talk about sowing and reaping when you're cheated out of $280 and are trying to get it back."

I actually meant Bilavideo should reap what he's sowed. If he gets bombarded with calls to his home or business that's what he's done to himself.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #71 of 678

dont mind me, just updating:

1. Saintkeat - Zebrawood modified cups - 17/04/2011 - $50 sent

2. Ubitwarr- Has my SR-225i's and is adding Aluminum Cups and Wood inners. Also adding a silver cable - 4/24/11

3. sml1226 - Original: Inners and Replacements for broken cocobolo shells. Updated deal (6/14/11): swap for single piece lathed version - 2/24/11 - $30 sent

4. chrislangley4253 - paid for some dynamat (eventually got it elsewhere)

5. Xaval. Sent Bilavideo 200USD on Jan, 31st by Paypal for a set of custom cans

6. Oberg - Oak cups - 08/04/2011 - $60

7. Radio-Head - Sent his SR-225 - (status: Unknown)

8. mihirwadia - has my SR225i for wood cups and recable. Also paid $80.

9. wje - SR-325 wooden liners that Bilavideo was going to send me; and, then eventually after a few PMs, he felt bad for the delay and offered to send me some new cups to - but, wanted me to pick a color - 28/3/11

10. unchain - SR80i cups, both inner and outer, dynamat, etc. Bill has my SR-80i ($100 value). $60 on 3/18/2011 for cups and $25 on 4/8/2011 for cups/headphone help respectively. $185 total.
11. Hennyo - I sent Bill the following and have reciepts for all. 125$ sent, Grado SR 60i's, stock pads and Bowl pads, and Sennheiser HD 650 Box. For:  5ft recable, Cocobolo GS1k cups and return shipping.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #72 of 678
Oh wow, I forgot about my pads (HD414) and laser cut screens, that brings the total I'm out up to 205 dollars. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever been ripped off for anything like this and it's over 200 bucks, right to bilavideo's pockets. Major bummer for real.

Being new to these forums, it really gives me such a bad impression. If I don't get those cans back, I also have a DHC cable with ViaBlue plug that I made for my Grados (after I sent them to Bill), that's about another $60 all together for materials and a pair of G-Cush pads that I got used for $30. Marty (mlantinen) also made me a pair of amazingly beautiful gimbals/rods/rodblocks that were going to be ~$125 that came up at a really bad time (I was the victim of a hit and run) that he sent me out of the kindness of his heart because he, unlike Bill, is an amazing woodworker/modder and totally dependable.

So if you count the cable, that's $295 I have into these headphones that I probably won't see again and over $400 with Marty's pieces. All towards a pair of cans I haven't held since early April. Yeah, it's my fault to trust him and to invest in the cans without having them in hand again, but I just really didn't think that Bill would do something like that. If Bill really has dropped off the face of the Earth, I have too much into these headphones just to give up so I'd have to save up, buy new Grados and start all over again.

It really does suck because at first he was such a nice, helpful guy with what seemed like a lot of dedication to this. At this point I don't even know what to do. I wish Bill's phone number was still up because I am out too much money at this point to not call him. Whoever posted his number, if you'd like to PM it to me, that would be great. I can promise I won't harass the guy...I just want to know what is going on...I don't want to think of the guy as a liar and thief, but so far he has done literally nothing to convince me otherwise.

Anyone who is reading this and wondering where they should now get their wooden Grado cups, look no further than mlantinen. Marty is a true, skilled craftsman, has affordable prices, is the nicest guy in the world and his work quality is just immense, truly. The gimbal/rod/rodblock pieces that he sent me are of the highest workmanship. He has my full recommendation and I think anyone else who has anything he has crafted, or has even talked to him can tell you the same thing.

Sorry for the TL;DR complainathon, it's just seriously such a lame thing for someone to do. Bill is probably over twice my age and he doesn't seem to have a quarter of the respect or decency that I'd like to think I have.
could you PM me his number as well.

Still on First page.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #73 of 678
forgot to add bob to the list:

1. Saintkeat - Zebrawood modified cups - 17/04/2011 - $50 sent

2. Ubitwarr- Has my SR-225i's and is adding Aluminum Cups and Wood inners. Also adding a silver cable - 4/24/11

3. sml1226 - Original: Inners and Replacements for broken cocobolo shells. Updated deal (6/14/11): swap for single piece lathed version - 2/24/11 - $30 sent

4. chrislangley4253 - paid for some dynamat (eventually got it elsewhere)

5. Xaval. Sent Bilavideo 200USD on Jan, 31st by Paypal for a set of custom cans

6. Oberg - Oak cups - 08/04/2011 - $60

7. Radio-Head - Sent his SR-225 - (status: Unknown)

8. mihirwadia - has my SR225i for wood cups and recable. Also paid $80.

9. wje - SR-325 wooden liners that Bilavideo was going to send me; and, then eventually after a few PMs, he felt bad for the delay and offered to send me some new cups to - but, wanted me to pick a color - 28/3/11

10. unchain - SR80i cups, both inner and outer, dynamat, etc. Bill has my SR-80i ($100 value). $60 on 3/18/2011 for cups and $25 on 4/8/2011 for cups/headphone help respectively. $185 total.
11. BobsaysHi - sent $10 to cover shipping on a pair of shells.

12. Hennyo - I sent Bill the following and have reciepts for all. 125$ sent, Grado SR 60i's, stock pads and Bowl pads, and Sennheiser HD 650 Box. For:  5ft recable, Cocobolo GS1k cups and return shipping.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #75 of 678
We need to call Dog. The mother flipping bounty hunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back